The Leaf: Blueprint

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
Komarov definitely deserves to be traded to a contender or at least a good team. I like him but I think this summer would be the perfect time to give him a chance to be a winning team. It's a win win for both teams.

If we are good in a couple years and he's up for grabs, he can come back. But for now, I think we should cash in on his high value and give him a chance to taste NHL victory.

Yeah I agree.

He made the comment to that he wants to win in the next couple years. We all know that is not happening with the Leafs. Subtle hint possibly.

deprw

Mar 7, 2010
Yeah I agree.

He made the comment to that he wants to win in the next couple years. We all know that is not happening with the Leafs. Subtle hint possibly.

He's very competitive player and it's yet to be seen what happens in the future. I think he's a keeper for this season and at least next season. You can't get pick good enough to trade him now, because when his UFA you'll get 2nd for him. So why trade him now for probably 2nd round draft pick. Next years draft we have three 2nd round draft picks. There is no point doing that. After two years we might be way better team than now and might end up resigning him. I would keep options open with him.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Lot's of youngins' coming up. I would be inclined to think that Komarov is staying for now. However, I think it would be wise to move him in order to maximize value.

Also gives guys like Hyman, and Brown more time to mature down there and even possibly guys like possibly Marner who will come up next year likely.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Its alright, Matthews will have to change his number because #34 is Reimer's. :sarcasm::laugh:

The Leafs prospects never get their Junior numbers so they'd likely stick Matthews with some crap number like #54, just like Kadri (#91 in junior), Nylander (#88 in Sweden juniors), and Marner who they gave #84 to during camp (puke).

Would probably make Stamkos change his number to #26, can't have a high number on our team, noooo not us.

*a little bitter yes, I know this was a Brian Burke decision, I don't know if it still applies

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Leafs prospects never get their Junior numbers so they'd likely stick Matthews with some crap number like #54, just like Kadri (#91 in junior), Nylander (#88 in Sweden juniors), and Marner who they gave #84 to during camp (puke).

Would probably make Stamkos change his number to #26, can't have a high number on our team, noooo not us.

*a little bitter yes, I know this was a Brian Burke decision, I don't know if it still applies
I remember Lou Lamoriello had a rule in New Jersey that you can not have a high number, however he made an exception for Jagr when he played there since he was a veteran player. So let's say Stamkos signs in Toronto I think Lou would be ok if he had #91.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Great episode, with many interesting tidbits.

Loved the part where Babcock says after his contract is up he's gonna stick around for 2 more years because we're gonna be that good.

The confidence and conviction with which he made that statement, and said it very nonchalantly, gave me some real hope for our future team.

The fact that none of the reporters had another question and he sorta just drops the mic and walks away after saying that? I loved it, had to rewind the PVR it gave me such hope

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
They somehow made losing feel ok in Episode 6 . . . it's very well done, I have to admit.

I had heard about that Bbacock line "and another 2 years after that because we'll be that good" but this was the first time I heard and saw the video on it. What a freaking mike drop! That was . . . just, awesome. Loved it more that the line was followed by some reporter laughter, then silence, as he looked out at them, holding in his emotions, which he seemed to be barely containing in his 1000th win. The respect he commands is palpable, no one dared make a sound then . . . and then finally the silence is about to be broken, and he just leaves. It was a total mike drop moment, pretty impressive. Can tell he is the type of guy that has thought about stuff like that for hours, planned out future eventualities, sifted through all possibilities, so that making a statement like that means he is - with his integrity - he's about 80% sure or more that this. Will. Happen. He's just a driven person. He'll never stop striving to succeed and giving his all, it's just very impressive.

This episode was for Babcock, and I salute him now with another glass of wine. Hope I get to watch him be that good behind the Leafs bench in 8 years.

Panic at the Back

Dec 5, 2005
Northern Bama
Just dropping here.

Was a Shanahan fan for a long time, and always respected Babcock. Always loved the Leafs jerseys though.

Then you guys got Laich, and he may only be there for a year, but I started paying attention. Saw the show, and freak, fantastic.

I used to work in minor league soccer, and one of the keys for me was making my fan base feel like they were part of the team, this show does that, very well. The personalities, the behind the scene looks, a few highlights.

I wasn't a Leafs fan when I got here, but always thought the Leafs should be a top team in the league. Hopefully the new leadership will lead the team to the Cup.

Good luck.

New fan in Alabama (Go Preds!)

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Greening and Laich are both extremely articulate. They will probably do very well after their playing days are over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad