The Laziest Player In The League...

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
In honor of Mr. Pierre-Luc Dubois himself...

Who is the laziest professional hockey player? The guy who may have decent to good skills, hockey IQ, physical attributes and anything else desirable in a player aside from work ethic. The guy who's the equivalent of the production line worker who constantly holds up his line or the front office worker who constantly fails to get things done in a timely and professional manner due to procrastination.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com
In honor of Mr. Pierre-Luc Dubois himself...

Who is the laziest professional hockey player? The guy who may have decent to good skills, hockey IQ, physical attributes and anything else desirable in a player aside from work ethic. The guy who's the equivalent of the production line worker who constantly holds up his line or the front office worker who constantly fails to get things done in a timely and professional manner due to procrastination.

iu

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON

I don't think Ovechkin is an especially lazy player.

At his peak he played hard. He was always moving and exerting effort. He wasn't great defensively, but I'm not sure that was primarily an effort problem.

He's coasting in that clip, but you can find similar clips of other notable players.

You don't score that many goals and have that many seasons as a noteworthy player if you're lazy.

Last edited:

johan f

Jun 23, 2008
Sweden

At his peak he played hard. He was always moving and exerting effort. He wasn't great defensively, but I'm not sure that was primarily an effort problem.

He's coasting in that clip, but you can find similar clips of other notable players.

You don't score that many goals and have that many seasons as as a noteworthy player if you're lazy.
The question is about today.

Joseppi

Oct 12, 2008
Kepler-22b
the tyler arnason award.

i'd like to nominate ryan johansen
Good god, Tyler Arnason - that name gives me PTSD. Dude turned into Gordie f***ing Howe against the Oilers.

As a reference, from 2002-2009:

His career averages:
0.18 goals/game
0.32 assists/game
0.50 points/game

Against the Oilers:
0.42 goals/game
0.39 assists/game
0.82 points/game

vs Oilers:
33gp 14g - 13a - 27pts

career average:
33gp 6g - 10a - 16pts

Anyhow, laziest player in the league right now really has to be PLD.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
profetkeyboards.com

You don't score that many goals and have that many seasons as as a noteworthy player if you're lazy.
That's great... except that gif is over 10 years old.

So "always moving and exerting effort" should be amended with "... in the offensive zone"

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
That's great... except that gif is over 10 years old.

So "always moving and exerting effort" should be amended with "... in the offensive zone"

I guess that's fair. At least he tried hard and was willing to get physical offensively. Some forwards don't even do that.

Wendel Clark is another guy who threw a lot of hits and worked hard offensively but often seemed disinterested in his own end. I don't really hear many calling him lazy, though. He's cited as an example of the type of player the Leafs need more of these days.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Pierre Engvall.

He has good size and good skating ability. When he's on, he's a pretty good middle-6'er. But it seems like he just does the absolute minimum for like half the regular season games.

He should feel shame for how little he produces with the natural gifts he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $3,470.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: