Kings Article: The LA Kings New System...Explained

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Much has been said about the fact that the Los Angeles Kings are playing a new system this season, with the hope that it will allow them to play a faster, more aggressive style.

But what's different about how they’re playing now, compared to last season?

Drew Doughty and Anze Kopitar explain here...

The LA Kings New System…Explained

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
That was a good read, as someone who doesn't watch as many Kings game as they'd like. Thought the comments from Kopitar and Doughty were insightful, be honest about work was still to be done, including with themselves. Also nice one liner at the end concerning the forwards.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
That's a fair amount of change. Pretty much a full on F3 lock in the o-zone, a 1-3-1 with forwards assigned defensive responsibilities in the NZ and then a forward acting as a d on the breakout depending on what side the puck was dumped from.

Transition hurt by goaltending not being up to par when mistakes are made. Great read by the way, love hearing about the players view on systems.

Reactions: KaraLupin

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
The new system explained:

- Get scored on a metric ****ton
- Have no clue what any of your teammates are doing
- ???
- Lose

If this is true, the Kings have absorbed and implemented the system better than I ever could have imagined. I always thought of Kempe as missing the toolbox, but apparently he's a heady player who can follow directions really well. Hell, I'd even say he's leading by example. Give him an A. For Asshole.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
At the moment it looks like something out of the Washington Generals playbook.

Only can go up from here I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad