TBN: The Krueger - Thornton Swiss Connection

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Swiss spot isn't only offseason connection for Sabres coach and Sharks' Joe Thornton

It's a small world.

The two men have formed what Krueger called a "special relationship" since meeting 15 years ago in Switzerland and live close to each other in Davos every offseason. They were united as foes when the Sabres and Sharks played a home-and-home series Saturday and Tuesday.
"Oh, he’s the best," Thornton said of Krueger while pulling off his jersey following the Sharks' morning skate Tuesday. "The best. Just a fantastic guy. A fantastic guy."

Krueger on Thornton:
"He’s such a fantastic human being and I can understand why they would extend him to keep that person in your environment and in the room. His love for the game and his passion for the game and for being a great teammate is special. I have a lot of respect for him as an athlete for sure and as a human being."

Thornton on Krueger's charisma:
"You could feel it, you can. He (Krueger) has this presence that you want to be around a guy like that. Whatever it is, he has it. I’m glad to see the boys over there playing hard for him. He deserves to be on a good team."

Thorton on Krueger's stint with the Oilers:
"He had a quick stint there in Edmonton. I don’t think they gave him a real good shot, but I’m glad to see him back. He’s a great guy, super coach. You saw him in the World Cup there a couple years back. I’m so happy for him that he’s back."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad