Confirmed with Link: The koala has been fired!! Todd McLellan fired, Jim Hiller named Interim Head Coach

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
If AEG is wide awake, they'll move Luc to team ambassador and bring in a new president who will work with AEG to do a thorough GM search in the offseason when assistants are available. It will have to happen fast because they need to decided whether to buyout PLD and hire the best coach before other teams do. I really concerned that just Blake is fired we get the Bergovin Luc shit show.
If Bluc are shown the door, they won't hold any role with the Kings moving forward.

They will go to some organization in a supporting role and win a Cup there.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Had to happen but with this interim coach the season is effectively surrendered.

Just when you think Blake can’t possibly do anything more stupid, then he surprises you with an even more creatively stupid move.
If the right guy isn’t available now you wait until the off season. Until then they maybe turn it around with Hiller and/or the younger guys get bigger roles. I have no problem with Hiller taking the reins as long as they don’t make silly moves trying to hang on for the playoffs. It’s an opportunity for Hiller to step up also and certainly means Stürm isn’t the coach in waiting as people assumed was definitely the case.

They wait until the TDL and if they are out the move Roy, RV and Lizotte to fill other needs.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
You haven't been paying attention. It takes an entire season for PLD to learn a system, so this change resets his knowledge to zero. He will look worse, but that should set up a buyout this summer.

Anyone know if any NHL teams use testing like the wonderlic for the draft?
the amount of systemic hockey knowledge pld has little effect on going into the corners, checking and physical play. its effort.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This is Blake trying to save his job like a guy in a movie throwing his gun at the monster after using up all his bullets without any effect.
I don’t think for a second this firing came from Blake and his buddies. This came from up top, 100%. I think this is Blake getting the rest of the season to make shit work or they’re gonna can him too. Blake has been completely behind Todd at all times and this move suggests that he was forced.

lexlavender

Jun 9, 2013
I like the selection of Hiller as Coach because he is the latest edition to the beach brigade and hopefully hasn't been infected by this franchise's malaise. He did great things for the powerplay last year, and I think if we still had Vilardi and Arviddsson wasn't injured it would be just as good this year. I'm excited to see what changes he makes. He must know that he has to do drastic things at this point to right the ship

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I like the selection of Hiller as Coach because he is the latest edition to the beach brigade and hopefully hasn't been infected by this franchise's malaise. He did great things for the powerplay last year, and I think if we still had Vilardi and Arviddsson wasn't injured it would be just as good this year. I'm excited to see what changes he makes. He must know that he has to do drastic things at this point to right the ship
I am open to Hiller, but it does bother me, on some level, that nepotism is still there. Hiller was drafted by the Kings and played with Blake on the Kings in 92-93. Cool story, but it just bothers me that practically every single person in the entire organization has that line to draw.

DAkings20

Kings can't score
Dec 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Now do Blake and Luc and anyone else tied to their buttholes

1706898293589.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad