Movies: The Kitchen is getting cooked.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
Comic Book fluff? I'm not big into comic books but when I saw the preview trailer for The Watchmen more than ten years ago (movie was a disappointment as the director almost tried to be too faithful to the graphic novel) it got me curious about the source material. Prior to reading it, I discovered Time Magazine ranked it as one of the top-100 novels of all-time. High praise...and it lived up to the critical hype after my initial read. Exceptional quality can some from a variety to sources, some that you least expect.

As for The Kitchen, I actually didn't realize it was based on a graphic novel. I was actually thinking of seeing this in theatres but if the critical reviews and audience reviews are lacklustre I think I will wait until it comes to the Movie Channel or netflix in 7-8 months.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
From what I've read about the plot, it sounds similar to Widows, which I enjoyed quite a bit. But, I think that had more to do with execution than the concept.

Given that Widows was critically acclaimed and didn't do much attention the box office, I can't see this faring too well, and likely on the schedule for this month as a dumping ground.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad