The King will never win a Stanley Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

reefrat

Apr 10, 2009
Long- time Ranger fan here of 45 years.
Love the Rangers but I'm distraught.
I have come to an epiphany of sorts and it's really quite easy to see for any knowledgeable hockey fan.
Henrique Lundquist is not a playoff goalie and never will be.
Multiple aspects of his play make this obvious.
He does not have the temperament for playoff hockey.
How so? He isn't mean enough, he is docile in the crease and this also plays into his style of goaltending. With this lack of physicality he has no chance to clear the crease and see shots in playoff hockey which is a battle of wills and big bodies in front of the net.
Billy Smith or Patrick Roy did not allow themselves to be screened constantly they were doing whatever it took to see the play and puck clearly. The King does none of this.
He is always vulnerable because he plays so deep in the net.
His style is a loser in this era where often the more physical team wins a long series.
I lol to myself thinking of him defending against the Bruins.
His style of play, lack of physicality, lack of meanness all work against him.
Also as we know he is not good playing outside the crease... This also makes it hard for him to clear the crease and stay in position if he whacks a guy or two.
Rangers will never win a Cup with him in net.

5 4 Fighting

Registered snoozer
Feb 13, 2013
Bk all day
He's regressed to an above average, top 10 goalie, which is a far cry from consensus top 3. But don't say crazy things like he will never win a cup for us, he's the best goalie this franchise has ever had. Every player has weaknesses.

redfzn

Nov 12, 2007
NYC
bmcccuny.facebook.com
when_i_accidentally_walk_into_the_wrong_locker_room-45009.gif

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
The season is not over yet (nor is his career) :)

Henrique Lundquist sounds like a French Canadian that immigrated from Sweden, hehe.

Henrik Lundqvist on the other hand, is a Swedish goalie playing for NYR :p: (im sorry, i just had to)

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
game 6 ended with Benoit Pouliotts stupid penalty! After that Flyers took over. It was so clear. Ranger were great before that PP

FATCHAMALA11

Kneel Before Zod
Feb 16, 2006
NJ
Long- time Ranger fan here of 45 years.
Love the Rangers but I'm distraught.
I have come to an epiphany of sorts and it's really quite easy to see for any knowledgeable hockey fan.
Henrique Lundquist is not a playoff goalie and never will be.
Multiple aspects of his play make this obvious.
He does not have the temperament for playoff hockey.
How so? He isn't mean enough, he is docile in the crease and this also plays into his style of goaltending. With this lack of physicality he has no chance to clear the crease and see shots in playoff hockey which is a battle of wills and big bodies in front of the net.
Billy Smith or Patrick Roy did not allow themselves to be screened constantly they were doing whatever it took to see the play and puck clearly. The King does none of this.
He is always vulnerable because he plays so deep in the net.
His style is a loser in this era where often the more physical team wins a long series.
I lol to myself thinking of him defending against the Bruins.
His style of play, lack of physicality, lack of meanness all work against him.
Also as we know he is not good playing outside the crease... This also makes it hard for him to clear the crease and stay in position if he whacks a guy or two.
Rangers will never win a Cup with him in net.

I'm 100% sure that you are a troll. A Ranger fan of 45 years and can't spell our best players name over the last decade. Then goes on to bash him. I call BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad