Music: The Killers, Green Day to Headline World Cup of Hockey Celebration, Sept. 16 and 23.

JA

I posted this in the General Hockey discussion forum, but I feel that people here will especially appreciate this news.

I saw on today's Sportsnet schedule that there is a "World Cup of Hockey Celebration" scheduled to begin at 4 PM PT (7 PM ET). I was unsure of what this entailed, as it was not advertised at all. Upon researching this, it appears that concerts will be held on both Friday, September 16, 2016 (TODAY), and Friday, September 23, 2016 as part of the 2016 World Cup of Hockey festivities.

Today's concert will be headlined by The Killers.

Next Friday's concert will be headlined by Green Day.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/world-cup-of-hockey/green-day-perform-world-cup-celebrations/
On Sept. 16, The Killers will kick off the best-on-best tournament festivities in Toronto as the headliners of the Pepsi World Cup of Hockey Premiere Party. The concert, which will also include a parade of players from each team, will take place at the Scotiabank Fan Village in downtown Toronto’s historic Distillery District.

A week later on Sept. 23, Green Day is slated to perform during a special Fan Village event that will also serve as a special salute to Canada’s 2016 Summer Olympic team.

Access to the Fan Village is free, but tickets must be purchased for those attending the Sept. 16 and Sept. 23 concerts. Tickets for both shows will go on sale on Sept. 8 at 10 a.m. ET.
If you are in Toronto, tickets will cost $25 for the Green Day concert at Scotiabank Fan Village, and I assume the price will be the same for today's The Killers concert. That's a reasonable price for a band that still performs at arenas.

https://www.nhl.com/news/green-day-to-perform-at-world-cup-fan-village/c-281508732
Tickets to the Sept. 23 event will be $25 CAD for general admission standing room. Pricing includes HST. Additional fees may apply. East Fan Village will open at 3 p.m. on Sept. 23 with a paid ticket required for entry and valid only for the day. All attractions inside East Fan Village will be included in the price of admission.
Both concerts will be televised. This is a pretty neat bonus and a pleasant surprise, as there was very little discussion about additional entertainment during the World Cup of Hockey.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Thanks for the heads up. Tuned in just in time for the killers to get introduced and start Mr. Brightside.

Edit: I just saw some girl in the crowd who is younger than this song. Damn I feel old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad