The Kick It Off 2005 Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Balej's Dance said:
Did I steal your thunder on making a useful post to be stickied? Obviously you pay way more attention to your post count than others tough guy. Step away from the computer steroids.

Awww, C'mon, the little guy just needs a hug... :innocent:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
So... anyone have a list of later round sleepers or anything? I think a lot of us would appreciate it. I know I haven't followed this draft anywhere near as close as past ones.

I'm hoping the Pens at least land in the top 10 or 15. Ideally, I'd like one of Crosby, Johnson, Kopitar, Ryan, Brule, or if we're not that high, Jack Skille.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
rt said:
Awww, C'mon, the little guy just needs a hug... :innocent:

Maybe he needs some draft talk...

Justin Abdelkader and Adam McQuaid. Would you say second round locks with the potential to be first round surprises? They're two solid, but unspectacular players who are supposed to have limited upside atleast thats what some think of McQuaid.

Also Michael Gergen and TJ Oshie. High School wonderkids, where do you think they'll fall? Any chance of pulling Kenny Roche's and winding up in the third or higher?

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
MrKnowNothing said:
So... anyone have a list of later round sleepers or anything? I think a lot of us would appreciate it. I know I haven't followed this draft anywhere near as close as past ones.

I'm hoping the Pens at least land in the top 10 or 15. Ideally, I'd like one of Crosby, Johnson, Kopitar, Ryan, Brule, or if we're not that high, Jack Skille.

USNTDP Justin Mercier gets a lot of play as a sleeper. He can fly, he's a solid checking forward, does anything for his team to win, makes life easy for his teammates mucking and grinding, and some could even argue he was a vital cog on the NTDP team allowing Kessel, SKille, Mueller, Stoa to do their thing and light up the scoreboard while he was responsible two ways.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
PredsFan77 said:
So how long did it take for you to come up with a title? This must be your crowning moment in life.

Not too long, maybe a minute. Kick It Off just flowed nicely off of my tongue.

I'm sensing you have a problem with me saying that it could be stickied? Would you like to talk out your problems? I'm here for you man. :help: :teach:

Old Hickory

Lay off the persoal attacks and get back on topic. This is your one and only warning

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
borro said:
It is appropraite that they are "snaking" this proposed draft. After all, the idea came from a brood of vipers!
Of course if Washington wins it and picks first, the lottery system is the greatest concept ever devised, isn't that right borro?

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Balej's Dance said:
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20050713_200652_932

Anyone have a problem with them saying Pouliot is firmly established as the number two prospect? That's quite bold IMO.

I agree with that being a load of crap. If the team really needs a d-man in that #2 position I'm sure they'd pick Johnson. I don't think Pouliot is THAT much more valuable than Johnson at this point. Even if he is the 2nd best player in the draft, he could still go behind four or five guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad