Line Combos: The Kessel Effect - Kulemin/Bozak/Kessel

jmart21

MISC!!!
Nov 16, 2009
All Over The Place
Duke Silver;79484305[B said:
]Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel was an amazing line for us 4 years ago. I don't think Kulie would have any problems keeping up[/B].

This being said, JVR and Kessel seem to share brains out there. Both know exactly where the other one is going to be and what he's going to do.

With all due respect, two of these players have elevated their games and one has lost all offensive ability he once had. I don't think Kulie could come close to matching his previous offensive output.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather put Clarkson/Kulemin on the 3rd line so we can get offense from our 3rd line (Kulie/Clarkson are two guys that have been inconsistent offensively, but most people believe it's because they've been put in shut-down roles).

JVR - Bozak - Kessel
Lupul - Kadri - Holland/Leivo
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson
D'amigo - McClement - Devane/Ashton/Ross/Biggs/Marlie

If Kulemin really wants to leave, I think D'amigo can replace him and we have a lot of bottom 6 wingers to fill his spot that are developing in the marlies right now. I'd prefer to keep Kulie though as he adds a missing element of the blue-collar/amazing pker that can fill in on the top 6.

Edit: 1st line plays ~18 mins, 2nd line plays ~ 16 mins, 3rd line plays ~16 mins, 4th line plays ~10 mins (mostly PK)

DoubleDouble*

JVR Bozak Kessel
Holland Bolland Clarkson
Kulemin Kadri Lupul
Bodie McSelke Orr

That would be my line up. Injuries will happen, so keep Raymond around. But I prefer Holland in there over Raymond.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Silly idea.

No matter what Kessel does, Kulemin is simply NOT a 1st line player. Never has been and never will be.

It'd be a waste of time and would do nothing except hurt Kessel & Bozak's output.

And it's "effect", not "affect".

The O.P deal is not silly.

Kulemin plays his best with better players = fact

Kessel is our best player = fact

Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel was our best line 4 years ago showing great chemistry = fact

Kulemin is one of our fastest players (top 3 for sure) has an amazing shot... he does his job creating space for his linemates and that is valuable on its own.

Im not say the leafs should do this, JVR-Bozak-Kessel is a fantastic line right now... but to say it's silly or dumb or whatever you think it is, it's not... it could be a scenario we use later.

Also chill out grammar police, like really?

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
Yeah lets break up arguably the hottest line in the NHL to try and get one of our 3rd liners going. Makes sense.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

For real whats with Leaf fans never being satisfied even if were scoring at ease. Why screw things up?

81Leafs50

May 14, 2010
Toronto
I propose we do this to our top 6.

Kulemin - Bozak - Kessel
JvR - Kadri - Lupul

Why? Because you may think JvR and Kessel compliment each other, but the truth is, Kessel is a one man army. He can carry the load offensively on his own.

He made Lupul from a salary dump player in Anaheim into a ppg guy, he made a bust looking 3rd liner in JvR, into a 30/30 guy.

He can, and will revive Kulemin's career.

I loosely discussed a similar topic here.

More importantly if Kessel is as good as i think he is, he will still be productive and the 2nd line will be 10X more dangerous.

I see your point. But he just doesn't seem to handle the puck well anymore. He use to have real nice hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad