The Jets get robbed off a goal by the referees

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

Apparently, this is goaltender interference now. The goal was overturned, and based on the replays, all contact between Scheifele and Bishop was initiated by the Stars' players.

Last edited:

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Between that disallowed goal and the last one last game.. i just don't know anymore.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Essentially Bishop put his stick on Scheifele's skate, and then some Dallas guy pushed Scheifele such that Bishop's stick was further pushed and Bishop couldn't get it over in time.

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden
(Adding video ASAP)

Apparently, this is goaltender interference now. The goal was overturned, and based on the replays, all contact between Scheifele and Bishop was due to the Stars' players.

I watch football, baseball, basketball and hockey. NHL has some bad refs. They have an aversion to scoring it seems. Don't call penalty shots when they should. call back good goals due so called goalie interference. not impressed.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
Yeah these were both brutal. Add the interference call on Connor last game for getting pushed into the flopping goalie, and Wheeler's interference call for just standing still.. I just don't know. Myers elbow for being too tall? These last 2 games I have seen some of the worst calls in my entire 20 years of watching hockey. I imagine it's been like this for other teams too...

Reactions: wabagee

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Bishop tried to trip Scheifele by wrapping his stick around him and pushing him on the back. It didn't work and then when he tried to make a save on one timer the other way, his stick got stuck on Scheifele's leg. Scheifele himself got pushed into the crease / the stick by the opposing defenseman.

All Scheifele did was stand on the edge of the crease. Sure, he partially was on the crease, but he did nothing to prevent Bishop from playing. Bishop did that all on his own. Like this, every goalie could just wrap his stick around the other player's foot and cry for interference when he gets scored on. If going to the crease isn't illegal(It's not), there's no way Scheifele did anything wrong there.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
The league is so soft this year. The referees have been unbearable.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
How the hell can you call that back honestly?

Scheifele is doing nothing there, Bishop is doing all the moving and gets his stick caught.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
He backed into the goal crease and got his foot tangled up with the goaltender's stick, preventing him from making the save. I don't have a dog in this fight, and I don't have a problem with that call.

Reactions: Marner

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
He backed into the goal crease and got his foot tangled up with the goaltender's stick, preventing him from making the save. I don't have a dog in this fight, and I don't have a problem with that call.

But it was Bishop who initiated the stick contact. Had he not put his stick in Scheifeles feet, there is no problem.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
First off, it was Bishop who moved his stick, and secondly, Lindell pushed him.

Kismet

Apr 29, 2010
Winnipeg

He didn't get his foot tangled up with the goalie's stick. Bishop put his stick there.

Reactions: Peter Tagli Eddie

NeelyWasAWarrior

Don't Poke The Bear
Dec 23, 2006
Boston Garden

He got tangled up with his stick because he got pushed by the defenseman.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
"Backing into the crease" is all it takes for goalie interference? Why not just move to international rules then?

Fact is, he wouldn't have interfered with anything if Bishop hadn't attempted a weak trip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad