JimsDoors

May 11, 2010
Tri-State County
CzL9DpkUQAAriHu.jpg

http://www.hockey-reference.com/leagues/NHL_2017.html#stats::14

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
We've had about 7 back to backs and play in the hardest division so far, how are we middle of the pack?

Eple

It ain't easy being
Mar 7, 2010
Turku
OP could at least include the formula used here.

EDIT: I can see Wild being in the lower end here, considering we haven't had a lot of back-to-backs IIRC.

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
Isles 5-0-1 last 6 with wins vs Pit, Was, NYR and STL.

Took a while but they're rolling 4 lines and have one of the deepest D corps in the league 1-9.

Halak and Greiss playing like last year now.

Tavares heating up as well. 56 games left with games at hand.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Given any team in the Easts travel schedule I feel that this is suspect. The teams that travel more than any other teams Wild, Nashville, Winnipeg, Edmonton, Vancouver, Dallas and Colorado are at the bottom yet the teams that travel very little between in conference games have the tougher schedule? Give me a break. I'll take 15 back to backs against eastern teams over 10 back to backs amongst western teams with the added travel time. Must be so hard to travel up state, meanwhile western teams are traveling halfway across the continent. :laugh:

Oilers traveled something like 49,401 miles to the Isles 35,015 last year. That's a difference of 14,386 miles. Yet the Oilers played 9 B2B's to the Isles 15. Guess which one is harder on the players bodies and minds? Can't see how you can possibly think that the Isles have the toughest schedule.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Jets have had one of the "easiest schedules" so far but they've played 3-6 games more than everyone and have only had 2 days off between games twice.

3 back to backs and 2 other games that were 36 hours apart. Most miles traveled.

Seems like the SOS calculation might be off.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
This calculation seems to be off. Columbus has the most back to backs of any club this season and the majority of the teams they've played so far have been Western teams that made the playoffs last season.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Daximus

I'm pretty sure SOS is only about opponent records and not about the calendar or travel distance.

If they are going to make it a true SOS they should include travel distance, days off and strength of competition. Otherwise it's kind if a bunk stat.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The Wild haven't even played well against the opponents they have played. I would be surprised if they're in a playoff spot by year end, too many better teams in the central.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
If they are going to make it a true SOS they should include travel distance, days off and strength of competition. Otherwise it's kind if a bunk stat.

This has always been a way they determine SOS. Not really understanding what the issue is. Obviously it wasn't going to include travel and days off unless otherwise stated. Harder to "judge" a SOS when you start throwing in other variables.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00