The Islanders aren't boring

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
I'd take 10 shifts watching Matt Barzal over 10 shots on net by some talentless scrub any day!

I found the advance tracking metrics the NHL is using this Playoffs and here is the route Barzal takes for literally all of his shots,

Circle_epicircle.gif

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
There isn't anyone playing on the ice whose as exciting as Barzal, so how can anyone possibly get bored?
Because Barzel doesn't have the puck for 60 minutes out of the 60 minute game time.

Either way, I found the first half of the game boring yesterday. The second half was more entertaining, but also rather sloppy. But I don't think it was just the play style of the Islanders that made the first half boring.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Barzal is the sexiest player in the league, who cares where his shots come from.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I found the advance tracking metrics the NHL is using this Playoffs and here is the route Barzal takes for literally all of his shots,

Circle_epicircle.gif

Don't know how accurate or fair it is, however it still made me laugh!

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Is there a reason Komarov is still wearing the full cage?

Gotta be medical, no? I figured the league only allows it if he just had his jaw surgically repaired or something like that.

Just seems like he's had it for some time now.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
24 or 25 shots whatever they had in a game that went nearly 5 full periods is a horrible representation of the sport...

think about what they're competing with in the NBA. Murray and Jokic putting on a show versus Kawhi & PG, and an overtime thriller with a game saving block by the Heat against the Celtics. Not even close.
Allowing one goal against playing the highest scoring team in the league for almost 100 minutes, pretty good representation of how defense is played. Trying to win by scoring video game numbers may be exciting to you, but it does not seem to work in the playoffs. I do not watch basketball, because only the last two minutes matter.
It came down to someone on one team making a mistake. If it bores you, watch basketball.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008

Gotta be medical, no? I figured the league only allows it if he just had his jaw surgically repaired or something like that.

Yes, broken jaw.

Frankie41987

Feb 1, 2007
Kings Park
The Isles are playing Tampa very differently from the first 3 series. Against the Panthers, Caps and Flyers they played great defense but were also generating a ton of offensive opportunities (by xGF and HDCF) they also scored the most goals per game. They just flat out dominated with exciting hockey.

They are not doing that against the lightning and I think thats mostly by design. Tampa has just too much talent and unfortunately Vasilevsky's ability to play the puck neutralizes a lot of their fore-checking. Right now the team is essentially preventing anything from coming into the middle of the ice and the counter-attacking when they have an opportunity. That is boring but I'm ok with that cause i think that's the only way they can potentially beat a team like the lightning.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
There's no such thing as objectively boring or interesting. Everyone has a different taste.

That said. Despite the fact that I love extremely defensive hockey, I can recognize that most people find it boring. And I don't try to convince them otherwise. Other than the Stars, due to geography, I literally pick my favorite teams based on who, I think, will play the most "boring" style, because that is most interesting to me. I'm a defensive coordinator at heart. But it's fruitless to pretend that that's a common attitude, or that it's the right attitude, it's just me.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Why would the league not allow it in general if a player wanted to wear it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad