HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The iPhone was born 15 years ago today

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Ultimate irony there is the hardware people love the most about an iPhone are made by Samsung...the screen and the camera

Yeah their bionic chip is the best processor in any smartphone though and still far ahead of anything the likes of Qualcomm has produced. Having said that it doesn't really matter anymore in the real world as everything on a high end smartphone, either android or apple, is going to be good and just like the camera on most phones at that price point the average user won't notice any difference so it just comes down to preference.

I'm currently using a Google Pixel 6 and it's outstanding.

Reactions: Fenway

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I haven't had an iphone since the 5. Hate them.

Still using my Galaxy S8+ 4 years later, probably time for an upgrade though at this point.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
My problem with Android is every manufactuer tweaks it for their own purpose.

It staggers me at how good cellphone video has become.

I mean...it's no different to Windows and how different companies put on their own factory bloatware onto it.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I've had an iphone since the 4. I had the 5S and the battery was just awful. I also didn't like you couldn't add any storage space like you could an android. I was pretty much going to get a Samsung Galaxy and I had asked the guy if the Samsung had a messaging service like iMessage and BBM and he said no. I went to an iPhone 6 and will likely never go back. My 11 is awesome. The battery life is unreal. Highly recommend over the 12.

Reactions: Gordoff and Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've had an iphone since the 4. I had the 5S and the battery was just awful. I also didn't like you couldn't add any storage space like you could an android. I was pretty much going to get a Samsung Galaxy and I had asked the guy if the Samsung had a messaging service like iMessage and BBM and he said no. I went to an iPhone 6 and will likely never go back. My 11 is awesome. The battery life is unreal. Highly recommend over the 12.

Imesssage is a godsend if you fly - all you need is wifi

Reactions: RustyBruins72

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Imesssage is a godsend if you fly - all you need is wifi
When we were in Orlando in 2015 we didn't have any US data and were only on wifi at the parks/starbucks. My family all have iphones/ipods so it was perfect to communicate.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I went from the 10 to the 12. I can confirm that the battery performance is disappointing. I'm thinking about getting a
''backup" phone for a bunch of reasons. I was offered the iPhone 11 but wasn't sure about it but hearing this kinda makes up my mind for me. Thanks!

Reactions: RustyBruins72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad