HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The iPhone was born 15 years ago today

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I've always had androids and the last work phone I had was an IPhone and I absolutely hated it.

All personal preference - I had a bad experience with a android and have stuck with iPhone

I did love this phone 12 years ago

blackberry_curve_8520_1_.jpg

Reactions: Gordoff and BTO

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I prefer my Samsung. Although not all android phones are equal...I had two different Motorola phones and they both crapped out pretty quick. I've had various versions of the Galaxy and love them.

Used to have an iPhone for work and did not care for it at all.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I prefer my Samsung. Although not all android phones are equal...I had two different Motorola phones and they both crapped out pretty quick. I've had various versions of the Galaxy and love them.

Used to have an iPhone for work and did not care for it at all.

I currently have the Galaxy 21 Ultra 5G. I was on my Galaxy S7 until last year. The photo quality is insane

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
My sister got one as a graduation present. My parents asked if I wanted one too and I said, "No, why would anyone want the internet on their phone?"

...Yep. Feel pretty dumb lol.

Reactions: Fenway

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I currently have the Galaxy 21 Ultra 5G. I was on my Galaxy S7 until last year. The photo quality is insane
I went from the S8+ to the 20 last year, but that's only because the screen cracked beyond my tolerance level. Otherwise I'd probably still have the 8.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Having an iPhone as my work phone, I respect the quality and build of Apple products. But the cult-like lack of freedom of having to use applications like iTunes to perform so many basic tasks drives me nuts.

My personal cell is an Android and I love it...Android lifer here!

Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
All personal preference - I had a bad experience with a android and have stuck with iPhone

I did love this phone 12 years ago

blackberry_curve_8520_1_.jpg
Oh I know it's all personal preference but it was my first IPhone and I had always had issues with it and then randomly one day it gave me a message saying basically the phone itself was having issues figuring out if the battery was a legit Apple battery and the phone just kept dying but I needed it for work. I was like reeeeally....

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
It changed everything :eek:

BOO!
I'm a Mac guy but I hate the iPhone. It's the exact opposite of what made, and makes, the Mac great.
Have had an iPhone for work for years and hate it. Had an android BlackBerry and I hated that too because it's android and felt like android and I hate android more than iOS.
However, my trusty BlackBerry Classic is still working fine even after the supposed January 4th shutdown of all things BlackBerry :)
The BlackBerry 10 OS (BB10, not BB7, though that was great too for its time) is great and its UI is great - very Mac-like. Problem, of course, is that it was too late to the party and people just had to have their "apps". Alas.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I've only had Androids. iPhones are more expensive and it'd take time to adjust.

Apple changed the game though, no doubt

aguineapig

Never have had a cell phone let alone an iPhone. Still have a land line and cable TV too. Only post on here because my son showed me how on his old account. About 10 years or so ago, my car broke down about 7-8 miles from the house. Figured I'd walk to the race track about 3 miles away and call my son to come and get me. Damned if when I got there they had ripped out the pay phone. Keep on walking, when I got home my son marveled "You walked all the way home?" Said to him " I would have taken my magic carpet but it's at the damn dry cleaners!"

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
While it isn't technically genesis for the smartphone, the iPhone (and HTC as well) is the one that certainly got the ball rolling. I remember in school when it was the hip new thing alongside the iPod touch. Everyone I went to school with couldn't wait to get away from flip phones to get a smart phone. Come to think of it I also remember that this was around the time the Xbox 360 was only 2 years old, Google just recently bought YouTube and was still able to be used in mainland China, and the great recession hadn't truly hit yet.

The fact that was all 15 years ago is unsettling to me and makes me feel old. I wonder if this is how people felt during the 15th anniversary of the Compact Disc.

Reactions: Fenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad