News Article: The inside story of Crosby’s gruesome facial injury

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
The main thing I took from that article is that I'm weirded out by seeing "Mr. Crosby" written over and over again.

GuinosWin71

Mar 18, 2008
The main thing I took from that article is that I'm weirded out by seeing "Mr. Crosby" written over and over again.

my thoughts exactly. Occasionally i will read the post gazette, and it's either ron cook or ed bouchette, who do the exact same thing with their sports columns. "mr crosby " mr roethlisberger" etc. drives me nuts.

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Interesting he doesn't have a personal chef. I'm guessing they have a body-builder type 6 meal diet during the season/playoffs?

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
Does Crosby have a major boost in his game losing that jaw protector?

I would think it would help on faceoffs with improved vision.

I'm not an expert just guessing, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
crosby has obviously been incredibly unfortunate with injuries. sadly we can only speculate about what his stats would look like and what he could have fully accomplished thus far in his career.

and the "mr." is one thing. the "kid" no longer applies and kind of irks me whenever i hear it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
The Mr. Crosby thing is just how The Globe and Mail writes. It's an editorial directive or something. Read all their stuff, every article is written in that style.

Clunker

Mar 4, 2007
Why did I read this as, "The Inside story, of Crosby's gruesome Facial Hair"? lol

James Mirtle

May 15, 2006
Toronto
www.facebook.com
The Mr. Crosby thing is just how The Globe and Mail writes. It's an editorial directive or something. Read all their stuff, every article is written in that style.

It's funny how often I got asked about this.

The New York Times and The Globe and Mail (and a few others) follow a tradition of using honorifics in news stories, so when a sports story appears in the news section (like this one, which was on the front page) the Mr. and Mrs. are present.

It's an old newspaper style thing that rarely shows up in sports stories. And, admittedly, looks odd online. But if you look at the NYT website, the majority of their stories use honorifics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad