The Inaugural Jersey Discussion Thread

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
4e36dca6829126c2f529efc8bfe1d7ab.png

My half-assed photoshop mockup of what I want the road jerseys to look like.

That set of jerseys right there would be more than acceptable to me--those white ones look sick in my opinion. But, of course, that would make too much sense, to have jerseys that actually match.

What I am absolutely dumbfounded by is the fact that after this redesign, we still have home and road jerseys that don't match each other! I thought one of the reasons we were getting new jerseys was to get them to match? If they don't change our white jerseys why not just use last year's green ones but with the bear logo? The awesome striping on the bottom of last year's greens is gone; what a pity! And what is up with the bizarre bottom of the new greens? Just a tiny stripe on the bottom? Very ill-conceived design. A slap in the face because we had awesome greens last year.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
That set of jerseys right there would be more than acceptable to me--those white ones look sick in my opinion. But, of course, that would make too much sense, to have jerseys that actually match.

What I am absolutely dumbfounded by is the fact that after this redesign, we still have home and road jerseys that don't match each other! I thought one of the reasons we were getting new jerseys was to get them to match? If they don't change our white jerseys why not just use last year's green ones but with the bear logo? The awesome striping on the bottom of last year's greens is gone; what a pity! And what is up with the bizarre bottom of the new greens? Just a tiny stripe on the bottom? Very ill-conceived design. A slap in the face because we had awesome greens last year.

Not having matching home and away jerseys doesn't bother me, and I get the feeling that if we stick to green as the primary color (which is the right move, I think) they almost can't match. Our primary log is mostly green, so putting it on a field of green can be a problem. Look at the mock up Minnesota posted (the Granlund jersey) and see how the logo kind of gets lost or muted. I have to wonder if that isn't why we have a green jersey with a thick white stripe that runs right under the logo.

But if you invert it (white field with a thick green stripe) for the aways you get the green logo on green again, and it all sort of muddles together. Compare that the the actual aways with the logo on a white field, which I think looks great.

So yeah, as long as the jerseys are primarily white/green and the main logo is primarily green (as opposed to the circle or the script logos), I dunno that there's an obvious way to make the homes and aways match.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
After a few days of mulling, I do think the Wild "won" the Adidas redesign, especially when compared to some teams which either made baffling changes, or didn't take the overdue opportunity to do a re-brand (*cough cough* Ottawa *cough cough*).

But that said, I do still think we missed a chance to make these even better. Why can't they match, as in vayeate's mock up? Why doesn't the center stripe (which I don't mind) go all the way around?? And what is it that keeps up from being able to have wheat as our road color, and looking super-unique while paying homage to the past, as they claimed to be doing with our whole redesign, anyway?

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
After a few days of mulling, I do think the Wild "won" the Adidas redesign, especially when compared to some teams which either made baffling changes, or didn't take the overdue opportunity to not do a re-brand (*cough cough* Ottawa *cough cough*).

But that said, I do still think we missed a chance to make these even better. Why can't they match, as in vayeate's mock up? Why doesn't the center stripe (which I don't mind) go all the way around?? And what is it that keeps up from being able to have wheat as our road color, and looking super-unique while paying homage to the past, as they claimed to be doing with our whole redesign, anyway?

I dislike the half-stripe, but if it goes all the way around you'd have white numbers over a white stripe. The whole thing feels like a puzzle where all the pieces don't fit together quite right.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
After a few days of mulling, I do think the Wild "won" the Adidas redesign, especially when compared to some teams which either made baffling changes, or didn't take the overdue opportunity to not do a re-brand (*cough cough* Ottawa *cough cough*).

As someone who doesn't particularly enjoy the Adidas re-designs... You make a really good point. Could have been much worse! :laugh:

NonsenseElimination

Jan 1, 2016
I'm moderately steamed about what they did to our jerseys, but they are not as bad as many other teams (Nashville, Ott, NJ). The reason the stripe goes only half way around is so the numbers are easier to read at a distance. If you look at the old Colorado College jerseys you could hardly read the numbers from the press box.

What I don't like is that they didn't just keep the classic designs of the greens of last year and add the bear logo. Those would match our white jerseys much better. And if they insisted on making this change, why not do it to the road jerseys as well just to be consistent?

Who is running the show at Adidas on this matter? They really dropped the ball! There are anonymous people creating designs on the internet that are far superior to anything adidas did.

DC4MVP

Visit Our Site For Online Coaching/Film Breakdown!
Dec 23, 2016
Minnesota
www.dchockey.net
Sssssooooo......

What's going on with the road jersey? Staying the same?

EDIT: My bad. Saw it on the previous page.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
What I don't like is that they didn't just keep the classic designs of the greens of last year and add the bear logo. Those would match our white jerseys much better. And if they insisted on making this change, why not do it to the road jerseys as well just to be consistent?

The Wild organization has some amazing fascination with having totally different designs for all of their sweaters. Ever since the reds were made the home sweaters during the Reebok switch, the Wild has had no interest in making a uniform set of home/away sweaters and the tradition continues. I would have loved to have a green inverse of our road sweaters for the home jerseys, but alas, we get a totally new design (which I don't hate, just hate the non-uniformity between the homes and aways).

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
its money grabs. make a new design so people will have to buy it. If they keep the same design over and over, people won't buy because they say to themselves "I already own one like that"

I saw the new jerseys at the Lodge today when I picked up some stuff. Very interesting stuff look and the material is not too shabby. Not a fan of the holey shoulder material, but whatever.

Still annoyed that true authentics won't be available to the public and we are getting the midgrade indonesian ones for retail.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Well the off-season is officially boring me, so I took pictures of my Jersey collection to share. However, when I go to upload a picture it says it's too large :(. I'm doing this on mobile so maybe a desktop would be better?
Any tips from the mods?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well the off-season is officially boring me, so I took pictures of my Jersey collection to share. However, when I go to upload a picture it says it's too large :(. I'm doing this on mobile so maybe a desktop would be better?
Any tips from the mods?

Sign up for a free photobucket account, upload them there, then just use image tags around the image urls.

That's what I do.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Any tips from the mods?

Use Photobucket like TaLoN suggested. I use Imgur and just upload the url with the image tags here.

If you're adding an image directly to HF it might have some size restrictions. You should be fine adding the link via Imgur/Photobucket though.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
Yeah, what they said. Once you do that, you should be able to click the "insert image" button (the yellow one with the mountains on it) and paste the URL for your image. It'll show up in your post and everyone will be able to click it for a larger version in the same window.

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Alright guys! Thanks for the help :).
So here's the collection; a quick note, none of these are game-worns or signed jerseys, but rather, just jerseys I have loved and wanted to get :). This post will probably be pretty long so if the mods need to splice it up then go right ahead.
A few of the college jersey's were given to me by my father who has recently moved away.

[COLLAPSE=99]
6f8YbGm.jpg

mHFGkza.jpg

IrRB06x.jpg

qKpbvct.jpg

5nJxYFf.jpg

8nHAdMR.jpg

qDg3nx5.jpg

Xdjfv1y.jpg

vwGUBbD.jpg

DX81K0P.jpg

Vw8N4MT.jpg

6U9GyNe.jpg

Sy8LUgE.jpg

n1X7Yjn.jpg

J96txU6.jpg

0l5yr9Q.jpg

Km2nuCI.jpg

6ndx60e.jpg

PBOzro1.jpg

DhyLZ4d.jpg

A1Rffdi.jpg

i57YL2o.jpg

zLYyPVy.jpg

fcfmKza.jpg

WYgPIRS.jpg

1QXvlA9.jpg

cVBWCZQ.jpg

Bla4nVS.jpg

Ft7EQIg.jpg

[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Alright guys! Thanks for the help :).
So here's the collection; a quick note, none of these are game-worns or signed jerseys, but rather, just jerseys I have loved and wanted to get :). This post will probably be pretty long so if the mods need to splice it up then go right ahead.
A few of the college jersey's were given to me by my father who has recently moved away.

Awesome collection - Love the SCSU jersey. ;)

I collapsed the photos to save space.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I got to see the Vegas (home) jersey up close and it's pretty sweet. The gold inlays on the arms really stand out from a few feet away (doubt they'll be noticeable on tv much).

The team store at T-Mobile arena didn't have any in stock so I didn't buy one. The team store was really big, but felt empty of merchandise and only a couple of people. But without the jersey's taking up an entire wall, player t-shirts, game worn stuff, and pictures; like at the X; they had to spread a lot of stuff out (guessing).

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I got to see the Vegas (home) jersey up close and it's pretty sweet. The gold inlays on the arms really stand out from a few feet away (doubt they'll be noticeable on tv much).

The team store at T-Mobile arena didn't have any in stock so I didn't buy one. The team store was really big, but felt empty of merchandise and only a couple of people. But without the jersey's taking up an entire wall, player t-shirts, game worn stuff, and pictures; like at the X; they had to spread a lot of stuff out (guessing).

They didn't seem gimmicky or chintzy? That was my first reaction when I saw photos.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
They didn't seem gimmicky or chintzy? That was my first reaction when I saw photos.

I thought they would going into the store. But they are rather understated. The NHL shield on the neck looks both gimmicky and chintzy. I didn't like the lack of a laces at the neck, but that's a personal preference.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Minnesota jerseys? I have dozens. A dozen Vikings (at least), close to 10 Twins jerseys, a half dozen Wild jerseys, and a half dozen Wolves jerseys.

Dozens of non-MN jerseys I won't even get in to here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad