The Importance of Ignoring Distractions

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
If I were AV, before game 4 I would roll film of every recent Stanley cup winner celebrating and let them absorb it. Then I would ask them if it looked like any of those players were bothered the bull crap they had to go through during the celebrations. The answer is obvious. It is the hardships themselves that make winning the cup the ultimate satisfaction. The cup is more than worth all the sacrifices a team must put forth.

Remain focused. We're 6 wins away.

LGR.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
If I were AV, before game 4 I would roll film of every recent Stanley cup winner celebrating and let them absorb it. Then I would ask them if it looked like any of those players were bothered the bull crap they had to go through during the celebrations. The answer is obvious. It is the hardships themselves that make winning the cup the ultimate satisfaction. The cup is more than worth all the sacrifices a team must put forth.

Remain focused. We're 6 wins away.

LGR.
:handclap: I love that idea.

Derfel*

A good thing to remember:

At the same time, Therrien also spoke glowingly of his friendship with Vigneault – the two met in the early 1990s as rivals in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and when Vigneault was appointed the Habs’ coach in 1997, he pushed hard for Therrien to be hired to coach the club’s farm team in Fredericton, N.B.

“He’s a good friend, and I'm privileged to be one of his friends. He’s an important person in my life. He's a guy that pushed for me to get into pro hockey, and I respect that. Over the years we became great, great friends, and I've got tons of respect for him, and he’s a good coach. But right now we're battling for the same thing. The same thing he wants to get to the Stanley Cup Final with his team, it's the same thing for me,” he said. “We’ve got to put our friendship aside for, what, two weeks? But I'm sure when everything's going to be done and everything's going to be over, and as soon as we get a chance to see each other, we're going to have a nice cold beer, like we did in the past, and nothing's going to change.”

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
I have not bumped an old thread since I joined HFboards NYR.

The Rangers are definitely affected by the noise generated by the Canadiens. I can't quantify it, and neither can anybody else here.

Game 6 is critical. For those who keep saying that unless it is an elimination game, it is not 'must win', I slip around your point by calling it 'critical' instead.

Tonight's game was an abortion.

Swept In Seven

Disciple of The Zook
Apr 27, 2010
I have not bumped an old thread since I joined HFboards NYR.

The Rangers are definitely affected by the noise generated by the Canadiens. I can't quantify it, and neither can anybody else here.

Game 6 is critical. For those who keep saying that unless it is an elimination game, it is not 'must win', I slip around your point by calling it 'critical' instead.

Tonight's game was an abortion.

Something about the Forum definitely gets guys a little more rattled than any place else, from Hank all the way down the roster. Games 1 and 2 were outliers, they usually play like garbage there and that has been the case for a very long time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad