The huge WWE lawsuit thread

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
50 names, some of which only had a cup of coffee in the E.

Snuka-smh

Shane Douglas of course he would

Axl Rotten would have had a better chance suing Time Warner then Vince

51 names with a lot being bitter internet marks. The only angle they have is Vinces dialect to both the athletic commissions and the actors unions. The lawyer chosen has a history of having cases thrown out and if this was an actual case surely 51 wrestlers could have chosen better representation.

This will kill any chance of a HOF payday. I wonder when Bret Hart throws his name onto the list. Is he still being paid by Vince?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's a silly thing. Again.

A ton of them never actually did anything with the company, and had far longer careers outside the company. And all a long time ago. The last time this happened they were all thrown out for being not recent enough, so the same thing should probably happen here.

An exception is Chavo, who was with the WWE a few years ago. Except now he's working for Lucha Underground as a wrestler and agent. And on that show, where he's in a position of authority over the matches, there are multi chair shots to the head and crazy stunts. All of which the WWE have banned for safety reasons. So he's trying to sue WWE for being unsafe while actively being unsafe himself. That's just silly.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
It's a silly thing. Again.

A ton of them never actually did anything with the company, and had far longer careers outside the company. And all a long time ago. The last time this happened they were all thrown out for being not recent enough, so the same thing should probably happen here.

An exception is Chavo, who was with the WWE a few years ago. Except now he's working for Lucha Underground as a wrestler and agent. And on that show, where he's in a position of authority over the matches, there are multi chair shots to the head and crazy stunts. All of which the WWE have banned for safety reasons. So he's trying to sue WWE for being unsafe while actively being unsafe himself. That's just silly.
Agreed. This is so outlandish it begs for there to be something behind it behind a payout.

Could this be the ground work for a union? As much as the idea of these guys trying to set up the next gen of wrestlers, there's too many bitter beings here with a history of only caring about themselves and getting paid.

Ensane

EL GUAPO
Mar 2, 2002
The name that really jumped out at me was Joe Laurinitis (aka Animal). I thought he was still on pretty good terms with the company.

Sabu...lolz

Marty Jannetty makes a ton of sense. I mean, how many times has he been thrown through the Barbershop Window on youtube?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The name that really jumped out at me was Joe Laurinitis (aka Animal). I thought he was still on pretty good terms with the company.

Sabu...lolz

Marty Jannetty makes a ton of sense. I mean, how many times has he been thrown through the Barbershop Window on youtube?

I guess "The Rockers" won't be going into the HoF now.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Ah, right, isn't it stomach cancer, or something?

Well, his last days should still be behind bars.

I believe so but his own court case they had a motion to put him into a clinic to test his mental competency but that was like last month and I don't know if it ever went through.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
He was competent at the time of the murder; what is he now should be irrelevant, IMO.

Hiding behind a diagnosis to further dodge jail time. Sad, really.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg

Sabu...lolz

I seem to recall watching a shoot interview where he expressed frustration for not being asked to train new recruits in WWE Developmental.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
He was competent at the time of the murder; what is he now should be irrelevant, IMO.

Hiding behind a diagnosis to further dodge jail time. Sad, really.

I really don't think Snuka has been competent for decades. But agreed, the fact he's suing the guy who has kept him out of jail is a head scratcher.

I question the timing of this on top of such a questionable lawyer right after the whole Lesnar fiasco. Every single name on this list has an axe the grind with Vince. Whoda thought

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I guess we won't see Demolition in the HOF anytime soon either. Buncha bums in there, but a couple gems.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Just read some of the complaint.

Patera is using the humiliation of having to job, every single person on the list is citing concussion symptoms. Don Leo Johnathan hasnt worked for Vince since Pedro was champion.

This is going to end with Vince strutting out the court house if it even makes it that far.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006

Sabu...lolz

That coward wasn't thrown he jumped through trying to get away from Shawn Michaels!

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
50 names, some of which only had a cup of coffee in the E.

Snuka-smh

Shane Douglas of course he would

Axl Rotten would have had a better chance suing Time Warner then Vince

51 names with a lot being bitter internet marks. The only angle they have is Vinces dialect to both the athletic commissions and the actors unions. The lawyer chosen has a history of having cases thrown out and if this was an actual case surely 51 wrestlers could have chosen better representation.

This will kill any chance of a HOF payday. I wonder when Bret Hart throws his name onto the list. Is he still being paid by Vince?

I doubt that Bret goes anywhere near this, he's specifically reported his concussion problems happened in WCW when Goldberg mule kicked him in the head.

With a lot of these wrestlers the question is going to be, so after you left the WWE you continued to wrestle?

And you continued to take chair shots to the head and take pile drivers?

the WWE could bring Joe Pecsi in as their lead council and get this thing thrown out.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Wow, most of these names are just embarrassing to read. Just pathetic all around.

The irony of King Kong Bundy being one of the plaintiffs when he was the one responsible in ending Little Beaver's career by carelessly slamming and elbow dropping him with all of his body weight at WM III. I'm pretty sure there are some jobbers that he injured during his run as a monster heel that could make a case against him for being reckless as a performer.

Slick - Cashgrab anyone?

Butch Reed - Is probably still mad that Vince changed his mind and decided to put the IC strap on Honky Tonk Man instead of him after no-showing a few appearances.

Chavo Classic - When the hell did he ever work for Vince Jr?

Ken Patera - Bitter that he was too boring and bland as a babyface and is now trying to stick it to Vince by being part of this lawsuit.

The only guys I could see having a case is:

Paul Orndorff - During that feud with Hogan in 86/87 his bicep atrophied, and was afraid he would lose his push if he took time off so he kept working. No guaranteed contracts back then.

Jimmy Snuka - That coconut shot from Piper really did **** him up afterwards. But then again, he allegedly murdered his gf so there's that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad