THE HOME GYM!

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Welp.. for over 5+ years i've wanted to do a full renovated home gym. 2020 forced me to do it and luckily I had scouted everything years in advance so it wasn't a problem getting things. Major shout out to Rogue. Just such a terrific company.

I'll post pictures soon. Anyone have a home gym? Post some pics or tell us what your home gym looks like!

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I do.

Wow, looking at those prices on Rogue....HUGE rip off!!

They are consistent. They are well built. They have probably one of the GOAT customer service. My buddy's studio is all Rogue and holy shit the gear takes abuse and survives. Beauuuutiful stuff.

What do you use?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I have Zeus Fitness competition bumpers and my DIY deadlift platform with a Torque Fitness squat rack with landmine attachment and safety bars. Added a few dumbbells and kettlebells for good measure. The Mrs bought me a FID bench for Christmas also

Attachments

• 6CBDF95E-D315-45DB-AFA2-7124458F32FC.jpeg
    6CBDF95E-D315-45DB-AFA2-7124458F32FC.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 3B95578C-35BC-4D7D-BF2D-CBB4A2038402.jpeg
    3B95578C-35BC-4D7D-BF2D-CBB4A2038402.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 13

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They are consistent. They are well built. They have probably one of the GOAT customer service. My buddy's studio is all Rogue and holy shit the gear takes abuse and survives. Beauuuutiful stuff.

What do you use?

Bought these awhile ago:

Power rack:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000VLRVSC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

With this extension:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012M8PR0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dumbbells: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GNUB40G/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Olympic bar with weights of course.

and recently upgraded my bench to this:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088JVXKLT/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For cardio I have a treadmill and Peloton.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
^^ Honestlynothing wrong with Amazon @The Crypto Guy . I went to OSU and live in Pittsburgh so some of the stuff Rogue makes is from Ohio. I tend to spend more money because if ANYTHING goes wrong, they have awesome warranties and treat customers well. That frame of mind when it comes to fitness is imperative. So buy nice, buy once. Buy junk, buy twice. Sometimes you can get away with stuff. For example, I have a viking press from Titan. It's a singular move item. I'm not going to overspend on that. But when it comes to everything else that I will be using for a while - Rogue is and will always be top guy.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
^^ Honestlynothing wrong with Amazon @The Crypto Guy . I went to OSU and live in Pittsburgh so some of the stuff Rogue makes is from Ohio. I tend to spend more money because if ANYTHING goes wrong, they have awesome warranties and treat customers well. That frame of mind when it comes to fitness is imperative. So buy nice, buy once. Buy junk, buy twice. Sometimes you can get away with stuff. For example, I have a viking press from Titan. It's a singular move item. I'm not going to overspend on that. But when it comes to everything else that I will be using for a while - Rogue is and will always be top guy.
Oh I won't argue that....that company looks like it has all high end stuff, unfortunately when I bought all my stuff (9 years ago), I didn't have quite the same budget I have now haha. But hey, it's lasted 9 years so it's going well so far! (Though to be fair I switched from Select Tec dumbbells to power blocks 5 years ago.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I use mostly cables and cardio in my workout routines. I picked up a Nordi-Trac Si15 bike a few months ago. I had been looking for some type of cable machine. I looked at a variety of options and went with this one. It was a hell of a lot more money than I wanted to spend, fortunately I had a significant amount of AMEX points and a couple of gift cards to help take some of the sticker shock away. In any event, it is a great piece of equipment and I am very happy with the purchase. the build quality is just a notch below the equipment you would find at the gym. Best of all it came nearly fully assembled. All I had to was put the weights on. The fact that it comes assembled it worth the price.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CMJCYP6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Right now I have everything in my garage. I have been doing some research and have found people have built sheds and made them into their gyms. With the ability to fold and move equipment around I have decided to go this route. I have a space that can fit a 10x8 shed. I just need to level it out a bit.

In addition to the equipment, I have now I will look to add a power rack, Olympic bar, curling bar, a set of adjustable dumbbells, 300 pounds of plates, multi-bench, foldable treadmill, and a foldable rowing machine.

I plan on having this all in place by early summer. I cancelled my expensive gym membership and joined planet fitness for $10 just so I can do legs once a week, but not until things calm down with the pandemic.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I have one, about 500sf. Started it modestly for my wife's daily morning routines, with adequate gear for me to get in a lift if I couldn't make it to the gym some days. Working at home, I used it as my getaway.

With COVID I had no choice but to expand, and thankfully I'd added a few things slowly before it hit so I snagged some good deals.

I have no pics but let me see if I can rattle off what we've amassed now:

full cage w/multigrip pullup
pulley setups
600lbs of plates
wheeled plate tree
Bowflex 1090s (want to swap these for 552s and get pro style 60s-120s eventually, but not at these scalper prices)
an assortment of smaller DBs, kettlebells, bands, weighted balls, steps, plyo boxes, vests, wheels, etc.
landmine setup w/grip & squat attachments for all sorts of stuff
leg extension/hamstring curl machines
full pulldown/row pulley machine
seated calf
sissy bench
FID bench
full commercial adjustable bench
a wall of pulley accessories
heavy bag
elliptical/bike
Olympic rings, adjustable dip bars so I can go WIDE as hell for bodybuilding purposes unlike most available setups allow (this is huge for me, few seem to ever care or consider it)
and of course, full length mirrors, flooring, and TV w/surround setup throughout

I think that's it. I always want to expand but I also want to not be a spendthrift. Otherwise I'd outfit the entire basement with top notch stuff all at once, but I have no need. All I really need is a barbell and a rack and I'll be fine, but working out so much at home with limited equipment got old FAST. The gym has its merits for sure, even though I still stuck to the staple stuff when I went. There are a couple things I'd like to get but when I can just hammer away more with freeweight work as an alternative, I find it hard to justify certain equipment at $1000+. I DO want to get either a cable crossover or dual wall pulley stacks for a multitude of uses, that'll probably be next. Would also like to fab up my own dip station to my preferred specs, a la Vince Gironda :D

RyCanadian

Apr 23, 2021
I don't have a huge home gym..just some dumbbells, resistance bands, elliptical machine and a stabilizing ball. Its been keeping me going this last year for fitness but I sure am excited for my local gym to reopen.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I actually need to get an exercise bike for cardio and wanna go with a folding one. These $150-300ish ones with 8-band resistance are all pretty much the same made in China stuff I'd guess right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad