Half-Assed GDT: the half assed before the whole assed

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
On reviewing the replay, Dubnyk made an awesome leg save on that chance from Steen.

Like someone else said, "good on them".

Dubs got incredibly lucky that Steen didn't elevate the Puck. The entire top 2/3 of the net was wide open!

Shooting right into goalies is something peewees do but somehow the Blues do it lots in clutch situations. Also the Blues miss the net completely a bunch too.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
It just doubles my pain knowing they screw Stillman every ****ing year.
Yeah, Stillman really stepped up and has been an incredible owner. I immediately thought of him slamming his head when Allen let in the 4th goal.

He and we deserve better.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Dubs got incredibly lucky that Steen didn't elevate the Puck. The entire top 2/3 of the net was wide open!

Shooting right into goalies is something peewees do but somehow the Blues do it lots in clutch situations. Also the Blues miss the net completely a bunch too.

He extended his leg pretty far forward, and the angle took away a lot more of the net than I appreciated live. Steen could have still scored there, but it was a great play by Dubnyk.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
Some guy threw his blues jersey over the glass near the end of the game and shatty shot him daggers. Thought for a minute he was going to flip it back over.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Some guy threw his blues jersey over the glass near the end of the game and shatty shot him daggers. Thought for a minute he was going to flip it back over.

the crowd seemed really loud after that 1st goal and then allen decided to lay a turd.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas

What the hell. As frustrating as this feels, there is really no comparison to a situation like Edmonton. For hells sake, this is playoff hockey against a strong team.

It makes me mad that the players are getting a message of withdrawn support WHEN THE FREAKING SERIES IS NOT OVER YET!

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
What the hell. As frustrating as this feels, there is really no comparison to a situation like Edmonton. For hells sake, this is playoff hockey against a strong team.

It makes me mad that the players are getting a message of withdrawn support WHEN THE FREAKING SERIES IS NOT OVER YET!

I really believe that we have the worst fans in hockey.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
hahahaha:laugh::handclap:

someone needs to tell him they're out of tea in minnesota
Bouwmeester hitting Lehtera in the hand with his closed eyes, hope and pray slapper screwed the continuity of the lines again. Accident, but still. It made an impact.

Hitch not putting the lines back together in the first 3 will be talked about for a long time if they cant win the next two.

IF they lose this series (I still have hope they wont and the Blues still have a legit shot here, many teams have come back to win in this situation) the Blues need to purge Hitchcock and if they can get the right deal,.. Backes and Oshie among others in lesser roles. Need NHL players coming back to fill the 2nd line. Keep Steen.

Allen's PG talk was not inspiring..

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013
wow anyone have a video on this?

I got out my phone but the ref grabbed it fast and gave it to a bucket girl. I actually liked shattys response, he didn't ignore it and skate away, he skated towards the guy and made a motion then stared him down. I had a good time at the game. This was way better than the effort in the first game. They wouldn't be in this situation if they didn't lazy around and play sloppy.

The icing jax made that led to the faceoff and 2nd goal was the breaker. The wild have so much better consistency and structure than us. They just play really consistent and know where to put the puck.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
And the Cards fans (me included) are the best in baseball? No, just relaxed because we know that team will always be good and have a chance.

The Blues have the most frustrated fans. As Blues fans, we're ****ing put through a ringer every year. I kind of got judgmental on a couple after game three, but now they have put themselves in a real hole. Cant overreact now, then when can you?

Winning in the Playoffs makes a massive difference. As a Cards fan its a lot easier to accept an NLCS or WS loss against some team when we've seen them win it a couple times and you know they didnt choke it away.

Lakewood

Nov 17, 2013

St louis is a great place to play if you're a hockey player. Work hard, act half decent, and the fans will love you. So one guy threw a jersey (and I did hear a few boos) but all in all this team is skating on thin ice with their effort. There must be something going on. I half expect oshie to be traded to minnesota this summer and them announcing he asked for a trade for family reasons. Something is rotten in bluesville.

Worst fans? Quit being so dramatic. First world problems.

Freyj

Oct 5, 2012
He extended his leg pretty far forward, and the angle took away a lot more of the net than I appreciated live. Steen could have still scored there, but it was a great play by Dubnyk.

Dubnyk also had a great play at a lead role in "flopping around in the net to stop a PP's momentum".

Really good movie that one.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
St louis is a great place to play if you're a hockey player. Work hard, act half decent, and the fans will love you. So one guy threw a jersey (and I did hear a few boos) but all in all this team is skating on thin ice with their effort. There must be something going on. I half expect oshie to be traded to minnesota this summer and them announcing he asked for a trade for family reasons. Something is rotten in bluesville.

Worst fans? Quit being so dramatic. First world problems.
I really believe we have some of the best fans in the NHL. People care about this team and really want them to get to the promised land, **** one of our rich fans bought the team and is trying to get them over the hump by losing money.

If he's judging Blues fans on one probable drunken fan who decided to throw his jersey on the ice, well then.. SMH.

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
I'm not willing to write off the Blues yet, they actually showed some resilience in game 4 whereas in the past they have crumbled. Blues had some bad luck tonight, Steen should have buried that goal and Allen let in a softie after being nothing short of excellent this entire series as a rookie.

I still believe the Blues can force a game 7 and they'll have another shot at eliminating this pesky Wild team on their home ice.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
Blues in 7. No way they are going to sit back and lose. Maybe this series is the one that they kickstart the gears and keep going forward until the very end. Win these two games, and that will be a big boost. Finally getting that 3rd win and then killing it in game 7 to win the series. They will feel that they can do anything. Their backs are against the wall. Go all out.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
This loss was a combination of missed golden opportunities, terrible reffing, and I can't even express in words how bad Jackman was tonight. It seemed that every time he had the puck he just did the dumbest **** with it. Goc was also awful, the 2 on 1 and he missed about 8 feet high and wide; how the **** does that even happen to a professional player?

I thought Pietrangelo had another astounding game, he was easily the best player on the ice tonight. Jake flopped around like a fish again tonight but this time it didn't pay off, the first goal was a complete joke as was the fourth.

EDIT: I also want to say that I feel bad for Oshie and Backes. While they have not produced for us in the playoffs, watching them tonight you could see the frustration in their face. Both guys have tried pretty damn hard and it's just unfortunate that they have to be put in this kind of situation, but we can't keep repeating the same ******** every season either. I don't know, just a little upset. I love this team and hope they can win these next two to prove everyone wrong.

Last edited:

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Just got home from the game (I'm still living in Cape Girardeau for a couple more weeks until graduation. Blah!)

Our defense except Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk suck complete ass in this game. JBow and Gunnarsson were especially bad.

The team looked great in the first period before the Wild scored to tie it up. I thought for sure we were going to win after seeing how well the team played in the first. But what a crap 2nd period...my god. No skating, just reaching. It was terrible and everyone at the Scottrade was getting hella pissed off.

Anyway, the Blues have won two games in a row before and they can do it again.

LGB.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO

That's ridiculous. One person throws his jersey on the ice. One.

Which by the way everyone sitting around me talked about how that dude was a jerk for doing that and how disrespectful he was for throwing the jersey on the ice.

It's ignorant to look at one lone person doing a stupid act and basing that on an entire fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad