Proposal: The Greatest Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Jonathan Toews and Jordan Staal are lambasted by some fans in each fan base for very slightly underperforming their contracts, so why not swap them for each other along with a prospect swap to balance out the extra $4.5M/yr coming Carolina's way?

Jonathan Toews
Drake Caggiula
Adam Boqvist

For:

Jordan Staal
Brock McGinn
Jake Bean
Rangers 2nd Round Pick in 2020

This trade is so great that Paul Fenton gets a tingle up his leg.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

EakinsMVP

Apr 23, 2015
82sHCxm.gif

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I like how you just tried to sneak Boqvist in there. Take him out and the Hawks still probably say no.

Hawks dont do this with Boqvist in but if you take him out it becomes terrible for the Canes (worse than it is now for the Hawks). In what world would the Hawks say no? Terrible take :laugh:

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Hawks dont do this with Boqvist in but if you take him out it becomes terrible for the Canes (worse than it is now for the Hawks). In what world would the Hawks say no? Terrible take :laugh:

I mean Toews>>Staal and Boqvist>Bean. McGinn>Caggiula but a 2nd does not even the trade out in any way, shape, or form.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I mean Toews>>Staal and Boqvist>Bean. McGinn>Caggiula but a 2nd does not even the trade out in any way, shape, or form.

You underrate Staal (as a player and he'll always be cheap, as opposed to Toews' contract) and Boqvist's trade value. That said, I've seen Bean play a few times recently and he looked good, haven't seen much of Boqvist recently. The other pieces are just white noise.

My main point was in response to him saying Chicago wouldn't do this if they took Boqvist out tho.

Shnooks

Apr 18, 2017
The "greatest trade" is Christian Ruutu for Dominik Hasek...and it'll never be topped.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
You underrate Staal (as a player and he'll always be cheap, as opposed to Toews' contract) and Boqvist's trade value. That said, I've seen Bean play a few times recently and he looked good, haven't seen much of Boqvist recently. The other pieces are just white noise.

My main point was in response to him saying Chicago wouldn't do this if they took Boqvist out tho.

Even though my trade was pure sarcasm, like most of my trade proposals, there is a modicum of logic behind it. Toews and Staal have the exact same years left on their contract. Moving from Staal to Toews adds $4.5M AAV/year to the Canes long-term cap. Since both have NMCs, that aspect is a wash. The swap of Boqvist for Bean and a 2nd is essentially the price for the Canes to take on $4.5M AAV of extra salary.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019

I'm not sure that I do. The worse player typically make less money. I'm not saying Staal is bad by any stretch of the imagination, but he's somewhere between above average and elite at defense with very little offense at this point in his career.

I actually agree with him, that Chicago wouldn't take this package (with or without) Boqvist in it.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Jun 30, 2011
I'm not sure that I do. The worse player typically make less money. I'm not saying Staal is bad by any stretch of the imagination, but he's somewhere between above average and elite at defense with very little offense at this point in his career.

I actually agree with him, that Chicago wouldn't take this package (with or without) Boqvist in it.

The thing is that Jake Bean is a very good defensive prospect all on his own, and could very well be a top-pairing caliber guy, particularly on offense, if all goes right. It's not like they're losing any youth in the swap, though I personally think that Boqvist's ceiling is higher.

Phil120362

Dec 29, 2018
Jonathan Toews and Jordan Staal are lambasted by some fans in each fan base for very slightly underperforming their contracts, so why not swap them for each other along with a prospect swap to balance out the extra $4.5M/yr coming Carolina's way?

Jonathan Toews
Drake Caggiula
Adam Boqvist

For:

Jordan Staal
Brock McGinn
Jake Bean
Rangers 2nd Round Pick in 2020

This trade is so great that Paul Fenton gets a tingle up his leg.
Sorry ,thought it was a look back...Butch Goering....and it's not even close....lols

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal

Lol, well i guess that's good for you buddy. Like i said, you underrate Staal and Boqvist's trade value.

sWlBMz3.png
337PxZm.png
Qd78Glb.png
LtxN3X0.png

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Even though my trade was pure sarcasm, like most of my trade proposals, there is a modicum of logic behind it. Toews and Staal have the exact same years left on their contract. Moving from Staal to Toews adds $4.5M AAV/year to the Canes long-term cap. Since both have NMCs, that aspect is a wash. The swap of Boqvist for Bean and a 2nd is essentially the price for the Canes to take on $4.5M AAV of extra salary.
So what you are saying is that you posted this thread with the intent to troll everyone that comes into it?
jasper-paddlin-memes-53715964.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad