The Greatest Comeback in Avalanche History [NHL Network --- Sat, Aug 24]

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Colorado at Florida 03/03/1999
Colorado 5-0 Comeback Victory #2
Saturday, August 24, 02:00 pm on NHL Network USA

For those who has short memory, it was one of Forsberg's greatest games.

Can someone please, please capture this game and share it with the world (or just me). That would be so awesome.

Last edited:

bromando

Jun 4, 2013
Love watching recaps of that game. Forsberg looks like that kid it peewee sports that hit puberty early and just destroys everyone else. Just ridiculous what he used to do

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
That was the best single game I ever saw of Forsberg. He was just insane in that 3rd period. When he was fully healthy, he was the best player I have ever seen.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Funny how the greatest comeback in the post-lockout years is also against he Panthers

Mr Serious

Jul 23, 2011
I love how at the 3:50 mark you see the Florida player literally wrap his arms around Forsberg and wrestle him to the ground. Forsberg's in his prime was one of the best players in all of hockey.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

I love how at the 3:50 mark you see the Florida player literally wrap his arms around Forsberg and wrestle him to the ground. Forsberg's in his prime was one of the best players in all of hockey _______.

history (you missed a word)

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
The Directv guide shows some voting show on that day

EDIT: I'm guessing thats what the vote is? the greatest comebacks?

Yeah, that's correct. The NHL page on Facebook had 10 games to chose from, and the Avalanche-Panthers game from '99 made the cut.

d4xKdyo.png

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
Just reminding you all that this game airs today.

Would be awesome if someone was enable to grab it.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
Thanks for posting a thread to call attention to the broadcast! What a game! BTW, times listed in this thread and on NHL network.com's schedule are EASTERN time. Game will air at noon mountain time from what I read on the guide. Also, DirecTV is not separating the games on their guide. As Forsbergavs32 noted, the guide just shows "Fan Vote" with no details and the games are run together in 6 hour blocks, so you'll have to record the one set to start at...well, the one that's already started as of this post. The current block runs through 2pm Mountain time, with the last 2 hours being our game. I'll be recording the game to DVR so I can watch it about a million times....and weep for the days.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Thanks for posting a thread to call attention to the broadcast! What a game! BTW, times listed in this thread and on NHL network.com's schedule are EASTERN time. Game will air at noon mountain time from what I read on the guide. Also, DirecTV is not separating the games on their guide. As Forsbergavs32 noted, the guide just shows "Fan Vote" with no details and the games are run together in 6 hour blocks, so you'll have to record the one set to start at...well, the one that's already started as of this post. The current block runs through 2pm Mountain time, with the last 2 hours being our game. I'll be recording the game to DVR so I can watch it about a million times....and weep for the days.

...and from the looks of it , this Game will be available only for you guys in the US , not for the NHL Network Canada subscribers. :(

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
...and from the looks of it , this Game will be available only for you guys in the US , not for the NHL Network Canada subscribers. :(

LAME! Sorry to all the north. I was actually gonna throw out there that someone who has more tech savvy than myself should DVR the game and somehow make a copy. Either on DVD or, well something else that could be transferred to other fans. I'm sure many here would appreciate an effort like that, and I doubt the NHL would come after someone for copyright infringement who got a few dozen copies out to fellow fans. I listened to Dater's podcast from a couple weeks ago and he was at home with friends watching a VHS copy of game 3 vs. Detroit from 1999. The whole time I wished I could have been there, or that I had my own copy of, well, any old game just to watch and re-live the good old days. We all upgrade tv systems and get rid of old DVRs in favor of better technology. Unfortunately we lose all the content we had on the old equipment. I'd love some form of hard copy of an old avs game from the glory days, and the 5-0 comeback game would be at the top of my list. Someone with tech skills swoop in to the rescue and bootleg a copy for me!

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
It is. Condensed to 2 hours. I hope they don't skip any of the good parts.

Well, an actual game without intermissions would only be 2 hours. So it very well may be the whole game without intermissions, and possibly a few between whistles nonsense cut out. 2 hours is pretty damn good though, takes out all the crap and leaves 99% of the game.

Full games WITH intermissions and all stoppages are only 2.5 hours.

Mouse21*

hopefully someone records it, because its not on any of my listings.

SuperTheGreat

Swim Instructor
Jun 3, 2012
Colorado
Well, an actual game without intermissions would only be 2 hours. So it very well may be the whole game without intermissions, and possibly a few between whistles nonsense cut out. 2 hours is pretty damn good though, takes out all the crap and leaves 99% of the game.

Yeah. I was just giving G2P a hard time. I'm sure even if its condensed that whoever edited didn't cut anything of consequence.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005

Back in the clutch and grab era they often times went longer. That was part of the problem for the NHL with getting a good TV deal. Way too many two-line passes, offsides and scrums after every save by a goalie. After the 04-05 black-hole lockout there was a noticeable increase in the pace of the game as well as a decrease in actual time from first whistle to final horn.

On a side rant....ESPN hated being locked in to a game for 3 hours for a 1-1 tie and they treated hockey like a rented mule as a result...the NHL kinda figured it out during the lockout (rules actually being enforced [I know some of you think I'm joking but seriously...defenders used to be allowed to actually tackle players they could catch up to and water ski behind the ones they couldn't], tag-up offside, elimination of two-line passes and a shootout actually allowing every game to have a winner [again, a sore spot because I love the idea of a winner/loser but in hind sight they should've revised the point system to give 3 points for a regulation win, two points for an OT win and 1 point for a shootout win and 0 points for losing...never reward losing!!!]) but viewed ESPN like an abusive partner and chose to go with a third-rate cable channel in the US afterwards. It's really a shame...and I believe Gary Bettman is fully responsible. While NHL revenue is up and will probably always go up..the sad fact remains that if you don't live in an NHL market it is harder to watch games on a basic cable package today than it was in 1999 unless you can subscribe to a season package. If this is where the NHL is heading, they really need to have the season tickets also broadcast the ****ing playoffs. /offtopicrant

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Back in the clutch and grab era they often times went longer. That was part of the problem for the NHL with getting a good TV deal. Way too many two-line passes, offsides and scrums after every save by a goalie. After the 04-05 black-hole lockout there was a noticeable increase in the pace of the game as well as a decrease in actual time from first whistle to final horn.

Ah yeah, stupid brain. I didn't even factor in that this is obviously before the lockout when everything changed. Used to be lucky to get a game in under 3 hours.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad