Value of: The Great Derek Grant

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

13 goals, 18 points on the season, very good bottom 6 center than can play up and down the lineup. What would you give up to get Grant on your team?

Good faceoff guy, good PKer, brings size and a solid heavy presence down the middle, scoring at a 20+ goal pace on a team that can't score and he makes 700k...there's no way there aren't teams calling.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Grant is the kind of player a team will love to add at deadline... and likely can be had @ a bargin price for what he brings.

and isn't a player that is going to hurt teams that have cap trouble.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Not sure what kind of return Grant would get but I suspect there are many GM's and pro scouts who think he'll have a greater playoff impact than some of the forwards who are rumored to be in the 2nd round pick range (i.e. Kovalchuk, Toffoli, Smith, et al).

Reactions: _Del_

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
He will net a 4th or 5th with another contract coming back. Sure he netted some goals but has no history of keeping up production. I will drink my beer shotgun style if I'm wrong.

Reactions: Larry44

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
TSN mentioned that Grant could be the most coveted center left on the trade market. After being held out of the lineup last night it seems very probable he's going to be moved today.

Which teams are likely most interested?

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
TSN mentioned that Grant could be the most coveted center left on the trade market. After being held out of the lineup last night it seems very probable he's going to be moved today.

Which teams are likely most interested?

Carolina just lost a bunch of depth and is loaded with draft picks. Only $600k cap space.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
For what it's worth, Grant's play passes the eye test, and he works for his points. On most nights, his line is the only one that has any energy.

I can't say whether or not he can replicate his production elsewhere, but at the very least Grant is one of the bright spots on our team this year, and I very much doubt he would disappoint. He's not going to be your replacement 1C, but as a bottom-6 energy-generating centre, he won't disappoint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad