The Great Debate: Hal Gill or Doug Murray?

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I didn't even go past the first 'R'.

Hall and it's not even close. Guy was very good for is. Mur-- on the other hand....

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
If we are talking right now. I'd take Murray. Gill is done.
If we are talking overall. Gill was terrific for us. He was a second goalie in the 2010 playoffs.

eFFeRR

Major League Hockey
Dec 11, 2013
Hal Gill 100%

While crazy slow, just like Murray, he was solid as a rock positionally. Sometimes Murray tries to do a little too much and gets caught out of position. You would never see that from Hal.

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
I was sad when Gill was traded :(
Voted Gill, he was great for us, not only with his play, but his leadership, specially with what he did with Subban.

I still remember the Octopus special during the PK in the playoff.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
I was sad when Gill was traded :(
Voted Gill, he was great for us, not only with his play, but his leadership, specially with what he did with Subban.

I still remember the Octopus special during the PK in the playoff.

Happy to see that some people remember that

InglewoodJack

Jun 10, 2009
Châteauguay
Hal Gill is one of the best, most clutch playoff performers of the 2000s for us. I'd love him in his prime, Halpern, Domenick Moore on the team right about now. Add Metropolit, and we've basically got a cup.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Gill was amazing. He got away with everything too. I loved when he made Crosby his ***** and the refs are just like "play on".

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Gill no doubt about it for me

Murray was done since last year, couldn't be a regular for the Sharks and even when the Pens traded for him he didn't bring much

It was a good depth signing for us and brought a physical presence that this team needed but besides that he really is done in the league

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Nothing against Murray as I've appreciated his contribution this year but Gill was a beast on the PK and in his own end. Throw in his leadership qualities and I chose Gill.

P.S. This could also be a competition of ho is the slowest player I've ever seen ply for the Habs :laugh:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
I guess getting eliminated by the Bruins in Game 6 leaves us with not much else to talk about. :sarcasm:

Lyle Odelein FTW.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
At this point Murray is better, but comparing today's Murray to 2010's Gill is unfair to the Swedish tank.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Gill was both funny and could prevent pucks from going in by just laying on the ice.

Murray has a funny nickname but his team plays like its on a penalty kill with him on the ice.

Gill wins easy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad