Music: The Grammy's debacle

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
25 had two hits on the radio that I can recall, Hello and Send My Love.

Neither of them were in the discussion for best song on the album, but I also can't say the album was a standout. Then again, I also didn't like what I heard from Lemonade either.

And 7 Years somehow got nominated for best song. Just another year of Grammys you-know-what.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I looked at the nominee list and saw that a two year old Bieber album was nominated. Think that pretty much sums up the Grammy's. Catered to filthy commoners who don't know music outside of their local top 40 station.

I doubt the Grammys are even THAT connected to public opinion. The nominees are likely drawn from whomever the trades are talking about, and the winners determined by whichever record execs lobby hardest (with the most gifts) for their act just like the Oscars.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

A generation of kids grew up knowing the Grammys were useless because of this classic scene.

I can't understand why the Grammys (and all awards shows, which not even a decade ago everyone mostly dismissed as trivial hollywood circlejerks) have been given so much more gravitas and significance than they ever deserved. Hell when I was a teenager if my favourite band won a Grammy I was ****ing mortified because that meant they weren't cool anymore.

Sep 19, 2008
This thread was made in 2017 and in 2020 3 years later there is STILL a debacle

The CEO was forced out and said on TV that the whole thing's rigged

Then Taylor Swift dropped out :laugh:

What a disaster

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
A generation of kids grew up knowing the Grammys were useless because of this classic scene.

I can't understand why the Grammys (and all awards shows, which not even a decade ago everyone mostly dismissed as trivial hollywood **********s) have been given so much more gravitas and significance than they ever deserved. Hell when I was a teenager if my favourite band won a Grammy I was ****ing mortified because that meant they weren't cool anymore.

I still don't understand why a music award show has so little music in it. They make everyone play an iTunes sample of their songs.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Metallica sounds better when their mics don't work :sarcasm:
No one is going to share a Metallica MP3 if there's no sound.

1jqcf8.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad