Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and thezzzzzzzzzzzzz...... Preseason is Over

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good :

- Larsson
- Antipin
- Beaulieu
- Girgensons
- Reinhart cashing in and his line played well despite looking like a lot of also-rans going into the game.

The Bad:

- Top six? Hello? You guys might want to check to see if your equipment is wet, because from here, I doubt it is.
- Bogosian hurt already. Like death and taxes.
- Girgensons tweaking his leg. Glad he came back out, hope it isn't anything that swells up and shuts him down post-game.
- Didn't like Josefson on the GA1 play.

The Ugly:

- That was some boring hockey to watch.
-

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Good: Play of the 3rd and 4th lines
Reinhart looks good at center
Antipin

Bad: Effort by top 6
Moulson moved to 2nd line for 3rd period?
Falk/Gorges pairing... (Gorges pairing with anyone for that matter....)

Ugly: Disco brand hockey is hard to kill
Zzzzzzzzzzzz.......

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just tuned in to the post-game. Housley's next. Curious to see what he says about this clinker.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
The Good :

- Larsson
- Antipin
- Beaulieu
- Girgensons
- Reinhart cashing in and his line played well despite looking like a lot of also-rans going into the game.

The Bad:

- Top six? Hello? You guys might want to check to see if your equipment is wet, because from here, I doubt it is.
- Bogosian hurt already. Like death and taxes.
- Girgensons tweaking his leg. Glad he came back out, hope it isn't anything that swells up and shuts him down post-game.
- Didn't like Josefson on the GA1 play.

The Ugly:

- That was some boring hockey to watch.
-

This says it all

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I thought the game had a good tempo personally, despite the lack of shots.

Didn't realize Bogo got injured... typical, but it hurts a little less knowing guys like Fedun, Tennyson and Falk to an extent, can step in, play in Housley's system and not sink the ship. Hope it's not too bad. Keep Gorges away... please.

I'm really, really hoping guys like Okposo and ROR are saving their energy for the regular season because they've been a great big zero all preseason. Eichel too, but ROR and Okposo sting a bit more because they're supposed to be the reliable, consistent vets.

EDIT: Team needs to practice their passing. The amount of whiffing and pucks jumping sticks was... well, not very unlike last year.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If Bogo is out longer term, they do have the option of flipping Antipin back to RD, though I'm liking him with Risto. Tennyson was good in early preseason action, Falk was decent in later preseason action. I'm less concerned there, though it isn't ideal.

My bigger concerns are Eichel and his contract, ROR and Okposo seemingly being disengaged, and a lack of fit displayed so far among most of the wingers overall.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Overall, I like and have liked Falk. He's got a nice snarl to his game. Doesn't take stupid penalties most nights. And isn't slow. Keeps things simple and effective.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Only saw the first, which was a boring period of uninspired play. They played pretty inspired hockey against Pittsburgh. Gotta give this team a good month before I'm going to draw any conclusions. I could see a bubble team or a team that's only marginally better than last season. Hard to say until the players have the chance to really adhere to the new style, and until the defense gets a chance to play together.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Beaulieu looks good for sure. He'll be a nice 3rd pairing guy. But.. he doesn't shoot. I like his skating though.

Last edited:

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
G- Muffin scored a goal and had Moulson looking useful
-Larry, Joe & Nolan/Des should be the 4th line

B- Barzal getting an assist on every goal for the Isles (bad for Sabres but good for him)
- Jack getting smashed because he wasn't paying attention

U- Housley mentioning the slow starts again, he mentioned them last game and the team didn't listen

Reactions: BritSabre

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
G: D looked alright today. Even Falk seemed OK to to me.
Antipin looking comfortable.
Bogo looking like what he was drafted to be so many years ago....unless hes injured again then no comment...
Sam, Larsson, Josefsom, Girgs and Griffith with good games to their names.
Lehner saved what he was supposed to save, would have been good if he saved one of the blocker area goals...but its Lehner so Im not expecting him to steal games after all... He looked much better than The Chad in the game before.

B: Top 6 impact nowhere to be seen versus a team we should be beating.
The pace of that game.
Our PP in preseason so far...hope that changes back soon to what we had last year.
Sam not looking quick even next to Moulson. Please for the love of god, work on footspeed Sam and we will have an amazing hockey player to center that third line, which versus easier opposition can have a scoring party day in, day out.

U: Jack and Kane is ugly. Both looked disgusting 2nd game in a row. Split them or I will get a nerves crisis next game.
Bogo possibly injured again after looking good.
Moulson and Gorges on an NHL ice hockey rink.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I only saw the first two periods but it was a snoozefest. Neither team looked alll that great. What were the shots going into the third? 17-13. All around boring. This game was the poster child of everything wrong with the NHL, but it was preseason, so meh...

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I do wonder if it was kind of "hey, everyone, don't get hurt"...
And Bogo the clown was like "hold my beer"

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
'Bear pointed it out in the GDT, but Pominville was pretty piss-poor too. Again.

Kind of torn on this one. He's an excellent support player if his linemates use him in support. I agree he didn't do much and needs to be better. But is that all on him? Or is it due in part to his linemates not knowing how to play which each other and making boneheaded plays?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kind of torn on this one. He's an excellent support player if his linemates use him in support. I agree he didn't do much. But is that all on him? Or is it due in part to his linemates not knowing how to play which each other and making boneheaded plays?

He was one of several long-term vets who appeared to be going through the motions out there, including O'Reilly and Okposo. His engagement level and then added lack of impact annoyed me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad