Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Winning a Slap Fight on the Little Bus: Win 5-3 Over Ottawaaaaaa, 1/11/24

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The Good:

The PK looked organized and aggressive and in control.
Shot blocks. Final count is 28.
Toe drag Tage goal.
Krebs finishing a nice play with Robinson.
Ryan Johnson doing mean things to Tkachuk and blocking shots like a much bigger player.
Power with a good game moving the puck.
Benson and Greenway absorb Okposo and just keep rolling along even with no center.
Cozens made up for the goal against turnover with a nice play to get the empty netter.
Peterka getting off the schneid...

The Bad:

... yet JJ's play on the 3rd period PP after Krebs got boarded made me particularly angry.
Thompson eating a high stick to the face and no call.
My God, the diving.
Quinn's give away on GA2.
Cozens' give away on GA3.

The Ugly:

Tage hurt.

Last edited:

yasky

Nov 29, 2021
G: The Krebs goal. Picking up 2 points when it looked like the game was getting away from them.
B: 2 giveaways to Giroux ending up in the back of the net, the amount of empty seats in the 200s and 300s
U: Tage hurt. Enter...... VO

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Thankful for the 2 points. Scary towards the end but we held on.

The Good - If we can somehow beat the Canucks then I will have a modicum of hope that we can put together a streak. The 4 after that are ---

Sharks
Blackhawks
Lightning
@ Ducks

We'll see how Saturday goes.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Might have been Krebs best game as a Sabre

Robinson had major jump today

Cozens and Quinn with the egregious decisions to skate the puck through traffic in front of the net

Didn't like Quinn's positioning on the PP, what the he'll was he doing hugging the blue line. He basically removed himself from the play, evening numbers in the dangerous area

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
The Good:

The PK looked organized and aggressive and in control.
Shot blocks. Final count is 28.
Toe drag Tage goal.
Krebs finishing a nice play with Robinson.
Ryan Johnson doing mean things to Tkachuk and blocking shots like a much bigger player.
Power with a good game moving the puck.
Benson and Greenway absorb Okposo and just keep rolling along even with no center.
Cozens made up for the goal against turnover with a nice play to get the empty netter.
Peterka getting off the schneid...

The Bad:

... yet JJ's play on the 3rd period PP after Krebs got boarded made me particularly angry.
Thompson eating a high stick to the face and no call.
My God, the diving.
Quinn's give away on GA2.
Cozens' give away on GA3.

The Ugly:

Tage hurt.

What did I miss on JJ on the play Krebs got boarded? Skated away? I saw Girgs come flying in to hit the dude but I don't recall seeing JJ.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
What did I miss on JJ on the play Krebs got boarded? Skated away? I saw Girgs come flying in to hit the dude but I don't recall seeing JJ.

No, it was during the PP. JJ is standing still along the RW boards and makes a lunging pass back toward the blueline with his feet planted. It was easily intercepted. They had just spent time trying to get into the zone and he handed it away.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Watched this one on a delay. Great game from Krebs, 2 snipes from Tage, Power and Peterka each probably played their best game in a little while, strong PK, some good saves from UPL. Almost let it get away in the 3rd, but they held on. Sucks to see Tage finally get healthy and start to heat up only to get hurt again.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
For some reason I get Ricky Williams vibes from Power like he's going to start doing post game interviews with a full cage on. Idk dude just avoids not just confrontation but interaction on the ice
I can confirm that Power is really introverted. Like, cones in the back door of the rink so no one sees him type of player.

Reactions: HOOats

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I can confirm that Power is really introverted. Like, cones in the back door of the rink so no one sees him type of player.
Well he has physical tools that players dream of so hopefully he can overcome whatever is holding him back and get into a good state of mind

newfiejesus

Sep 19, 2016
Newfoundland
Really enjoyed the 2nd and the early 3rd before I retired for the night. Beating the beat-up Sens is OK. 3-1 record in 2024 is OK. Think I will plan my Saturday around #VANvsBUF and hope a corner is getting turned. Let's see Tage tomorrow! 🤞

Abraham de Lacy

Couldn't watch the third, thought Ottawa looked lifeless and their PP was atrocious. They are not a very good team at the moment. Sabres were mostly good, I think, so no complaints. UPL was good.

Going to tune in to watch the Canucks game on Saturday, but that is going to be scary. They look unstoppable at the moment, would be a huge scalp if Sabres wins.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Couldn't watch the third, thought Ottawa looked lifeless and their PP was atrocious. They are not a very good team at the moment. Sabres were mostly good, I think, so no complaints. UPL was good.

Going to tune in to watch the Canucks game on Saturday, but that is going to be scary. They look unstoppable at the moment, would be a huge scalp if Sabres wins.
sick avatar/name

Reactions: Abraham de Lacy

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I'm a little offended by the thread title, actually.

Comparing a Sabres win against the Sens to a slap fight on the short bus? Really?

If I were a special needs person, which, according to most of my exes I definitely am, I wouldn't want this shite hockey team to give an honest physical dispute on public transport a bad name.

Reactions: BFLO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad