GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Weekend at Andy's

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
I didn't go to those. That list is games I went to live.

First game I've ever laughed at the team, openly mocked them, cheered loud for any single save, and hell, I even danced when Skinner scored.
My apologies! Cleary didn't catch that. Well, at least you didn't go to the Dallas game? lol

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Ahhh, fond memories. Now it is us getting rolled over by the TANK.

SabresTank.jpg

Reactions: Bendium

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I mean, I think the issue is that he is 86 years old, not that he doesn't know how to play. He can give good advice while still being cooked himself.

Also, weren't we the ones who asked him to come back this year? I feel like he was happy retiring.

But regardless, new defensive assistant coach and PK coach plus a normal goalie or I give up with this team. It sounds like a lot but it isn't. If Granato can't coach the team up on his own (he can't), then we need to surround him with good coaching and the appropriate personnel.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: we actually started shooting at the end. Team didn’t necessarily give up. Kids were good
Boosh was ok. And power.

B: special shout out to Joki who was hot f***ing garbage. I stop defending him a while ago but now im with the majority who wants him off this team immediately. Bench him.

U: the old guys have really let this team down. Okposo has just disappeared again. Hes not scoring 20 this year. At least we can justify not keeping them next year and upgrading the roster

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
If we do epically collapse, at least a silver lining is that it might motivate the GM to actually make moves to improve the roster this offseason.

Wait…or maybe it will convince him the kids aren’t ready and we need another development year :cry:

Reactions: Bendium

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
I didn’t know where to post this but my god is Thompson an animal. As a leafs fan that dude you build with will make headaches. He played amazing everytime I seen him in the few games I get to see live. He’s just such a big body but can do so much. We’re In Big trouble soon.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
G-I missed this game because I was still traveling back home with my wife.
-My wife is pregnant and we decided to do a 2 day get away together.
-Despite the fact I don't really care for him my wife was beyond excited to see John Mayer at Scotia Bank
-Haven't been to Toronto since I was like 11. Didn't know what to expect. Got to our hotel one block from the arena, got immediately upgraded to a lake front 36th floor view which was amazing. We walked for about 3 mins and were at the venue. How Toronto manages 2 major arenas, and the CN tower and train stations etc all in like a block is so amazing to me.
-The area was so clean and awesome my wife asked if we could move here. We ate at some awesome places, hit the CN tower, and aquarium amongst other things. we loved it despite the fact I told her I'd never ever ever love anything Toronto.
-Aquarium and CN Tower visits were so worth it.

B-John Mayer played for like 3 hours and I knew and liked about 2 songs
-My wife bless her heart doesnt know how to order tickets online and we legit sat in the very very top row of Scotia bank. I think I might have vertigo.
-Seats were so high and it was so crowded I didn't even want a beer so I got a vitamin water that was 9 dollars lol

U- we actually ventured off the main strip and it was a complete shit show and my wife asked to never go back or drive there again (mind you this is a monday and tuesday visit). I've never seen such a polarizing city. What an experience to live it up for a day or two then see the other side of the city and how scummy it can be. Parking and driving are horrendous. Like Buffalo is pretty even keel blue collar, we went from expensive meals and hotel suites to fighting off bums trying to get to collectives arts brewing for a drink. So polarizing. Maybe I'm a novice.

UU- why is every highway in the area 401, 402, 405, 410, 420, 44southpole....? At least in Rochester we change the first number lol. Fvck that got confusing because they all just seem to circle eachother anyways.

UU2- Sabres sucked this game. Badly. Just watched it.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Man i don't know. It's hard to believe that the kids just threw in the towel or everyone hit a wall.

Is it possible that Donny actually tried implementing a defensive structure at this point in the season? That would explain why guys are completely unaware of who and what is going on in their own zone and furthermore stifling the offensive rush.

And of course there's goaltending. It's been horrific. More tonight as it probably lost the game but generally I don't put all of the weight on goalies. Although good goaltending can shift momentum or at least I read that somewhere.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Does anyone have Jokiharju's defending on the 2v1 goal where Dahlin decides to slide to protect the pass and Joki comes barreling in doing the same thing but overshoots horribly.

I honestly laughed out loud at that moment, it should be a forever meme in gif format.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Throw the good will out the window. Unless they do a serious 180, this season has turned to shit in a matter of a couple of weeks. Yikes.

I guess those good vibes can only get you so far. The young players were probably so hopeful early on. Welcome to Buffalo, you asshats!

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Watched on DVR after my training class. Allowed me to fast-forward through commercials, intermission, etc., which was analogous to skipping the footage of the many trans-Atlantic crossings of the Hindenburg before watching the final mooring at Lakehurst, NJ.

GA#1 - somewhat of a knuckle-puck. 2-on-1 vs. #26 #10. Dahlin plays the pass, then the shooter because Joker coming back, then plays the pass because Joker is in an extra-solar comet orbit beyond Pluto. More on Joker below. Should Anderson have saved it? IDK.

GA#2 - Seemed like a deflected pass to me, bang-bang, back of net.

GA#3,#4 both result from Jokiharu pinches - not debatable. He shouldn't be pinching even if he communicated to the forward to cover the point, because the coverage wasn't happening adequately. GA#4 Joker and Clague. (Then, with ~8min remaining in the 3rd period, Joker pinches again but this time wasn't burned.)

[The no-goal looked offside to me as the play was live, and I said that to my wife well before the puck was in the net - I didn't need a replay and was surprised it wasn't called offside on the ice.]

GA#5 Stillman lost his man. And, speaking of Stillman, unlike Joker, when Stillman pinched he carried the puck down the sideboards through the corner, and behind the net, as opposed to nudging a 50/50 puck at the halfwall to no one in particular on his team, with NSH then having an easy transition in a quick up-ice pass.

GA#6 - quick shot, maybe a 50/50 chance for Anderson.

Krebs and Skinner has a couple chances (besides Skinner's goal). Cozens again showing everyone on BUF that good things happen when you go to the net.

UPL gave up a couple big rebounds once in the game, but at that point NSH didn't need more goals.

Thompson took a lazy penalty. And, next time you grapple someone, open up your stance to lower your center of gravity. You could have been hurt badly from the fall, and wouldn't have fallen so easily if your skates weren't so close together.

Okposo's skating looked labored (more so than usual). Dahlin's did too, but I know he logged a lot of minutes.

NSH has a few no-names who are likely in the NHL to stay. They had good burst on their skates and turned transition as a unit (forwards), with tight spacing and even separation most of the time. Lot better than BUF's disjointed transitions / attack through neutral zone, IMO.

I'm fine with trading Joker. If he's kept for next season, please be no higher than 6th on the depth chart unless he has off-season brain replacement surgery to fix the lingering "injury" he must be dealing with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad