GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Island of Misfit Toys

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
crazy stat:

Bo Horvat lost all 5 faceoffs against Okposo, while winning all 11 of his other faceoffs (Krebs, Cozens, Mitts, Tuch).

3-3 against Krebs
4-4 against Cozens
2-2 against Mitts
2-2 against Tuch
0-5 against Okposo

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Honestly, Boosh sucked at the beginning of the season. Wasn't holding that against him, since sometimes players need time to get used to their new team and teammates.
He was good before he got injured, then it seemed like the injury slowed him down. Im pretty confident he'll be a good 3rd pairing guy for us going forward.

The bigger question mark is Stillman. Let's see how these next 10+ games playout. At least he's shown the ability to be a good bottom pairing defenser more often than not for Buffalo.

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Didn’t watch this one but I wish I could’ve.

Awesome to see/read that the much maligned players balled out in a b2b against the team we’re chasing.

Also Comrie! Hell ya man!

Reactions: brian_griffin

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
We played much better than last time on the island. The boys seemed to learn how they have to play to beat that team. Growth :)

I feel like Boosh continues to deserve love. Been our most steady D for a while now and has been a bright spot while the younger defenseman go through expected ups and downs.

Mittelstadt is the other guy I want to single out. He’s gotten so much stronger and his battle level is really impressive. I’ll echo the comments saying I’m proud of him for turning himself into this type of player, really love how dependable he has become. 33 assists is no joke either.

Last edited:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Comrie makes history. I think they said he’s the first in the post lockout era to have a 10 goal loss followed by a shutout win. his post game interview was great
First in the post expansion era (1967) to have that dichotomous results in goaltending starts.
But…..has your sphincter healed?
Butt..., no pun intended.

Reactions: cardiffgiant

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I for one am proud of him telling them to get stuffed.

Hahaha that’s a pretty solid response from a hockey player. I wish he’d kept going with it. “Like you’re doing? Right now? The thing you literally just did? It sucks, right? Having the same point made over and over? Doesn’t feel good, huh? I owe you four more snarky responses, one for each goal, but I’ll close with a quick f*** you, f*** you, you’re cool, f*** you, I’m out.”

• Haha
Reactions: Chainshot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad