TV: The good, the bad and the ugly. Fall tv season starts reaction to shows

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The new season starts today and we are about to get hit with new shows and the return of old shows.

I have watched the pilot episode of Unicorn with Walter Goggins and can not figure how they screwed it up. Yeah Goggins is playing outside of his safe zone. But did not think it would be that bad

But it is not the worst new show.

There is a show called Bob loves Abishola. Holy crap is it bad with a one punch joke

One show I hope is okay is Bluff city Law. Another lawyer drama so it is not doing anything new

What shows are you looking forward to?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
The only new show I'm looking forward to is " Evil ". Depending on how they handle the main subject matter it could be really good or completely suck. :dunno:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
How are your acting gigs going

Well I'm at home posting so what do you think ???? :laugh: Seriously though- this has been the weirdest year I've ever had in the film & tv business. I was really busy with small acting parts, Stand-In, Photo-Double and Background work in early 2019 when things are usually very quiet and then I had next to nothing from May to September when things are usually very busy. This has been the first year in a long time that I've had to dip into my TFSA just to pay for essentials like my bi-weekly Vegas trips to party with midget clown hookers.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Any decent network sitcoms coming up like The Office/Parks/Community/Good Place?

I just checked to see if Mike Schur has anything new, as he's the most reliable in producing network sitcoms these days.

There's nothing that he's the creative force on (I imagine he's focused on closing out The Good Place), but he's executive producer on a show called Sunnyside (created by and starring Kal Penn). It doesn't sound like the most intriguing premise, but Mike Schurs comedies often don't sound great going in, so who knows.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
I looked up a few trailers for newer network sitcoms. One of them had the mother from The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond playing a Medical resident/intern as a 50 year old....not great. And some others looked even worse.

High production dramas really killed the network sitcom.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
All Network TV (ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox) is garbage - it's amazing how little it has evolved in the last 30 years. Some of the shows look like shows from decades ago.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
All Network TV (ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox) is garbage - it's amazing how little it has evolved in the last 30 years. Some of the shows look like shows from decades ago.

90's t.v. so much better then now. I miss having so much good t.v. with seeing shows like Batman The Animated Series,Boy Meets World,Star Trek Deep Space Nine,Married With Children,The X-Files and so on. Just on Fox there was over 7 hours a day during the week of shows I liked and it helped to bring me a lot of entertainment during my childhood of which I needed.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The new season starts today and we are about to get hit with new shows and the return of old shows.

I have watched the pilot episode of Unicorn with Walter Goggins and can not figure how they screwed it up. Yeah Goggins is playing outside of his safe zone. But did not think it would be that bad

But it is not the worst new show.

There is a show called Bob loves Abishola. Holy crap is it bad with a one punch joke

One show I hope is okay is Bluff city Law. Another lawyer drama so it is not doing anything new

What shows are you looking forward to?

It's a Chuck Lorre creation, guarantee you it gets 5 seasons for syndication.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad