GBU The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night - SO Win Sabres 3 - Rangers 2

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Next year we’re gonna see Mittelstadt get the graduated kid line and Cozens will inherit the new, younger kid line of Savoie and Kulich.

I’m kidding (kind of) but Mittelstadt is earning a spot with quality forwards not the leftovers he got most of this season.

I'm pretty cool with this actually. Not sure if Cozens would be though but I like it.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Sitting here with 87 points and 3 games left. Pretty cool. Already have 12 points over last season, a chance to break 90, and still a slight hope for the playoffs. The rebuild is headed in the right direction, with all sorts of flexibility going into this off-season and the best part is KA should know EXACTLY what we are missing to truly compete because we will have played at least 80 games of meaningful hockey.

Levi is also a revelation. I realize it is highly unlikely we make the playoffs, but I want to keep watching this kid play on a regular basis.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Ugly:
The teams Buffalo are chasing all have more loser points - Florida with 1, Isles with 2, and Pens with 3. With 3 loser points, the Sabres would be tied with Pittsburgh.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm pretty cool with this actually. Not sure if Cozens would be though but I like it.
The funny part is that a Savoie and Kulich ready for the league on Cozens wings is hard to play against dynamite. Savoie is dogged away from the puck. Kulich is a straight at you make you make a decision quick guy. All three can skate…all three can shoot. They could be chasing Savoie around while Kulich is finding space for his shot and they can both get him the puck. Now imagine Dahlin or Power out there on that shift too.

They’re kind of a perfect fit if they weren’t teenagers with no NHL experience.

Reactions: EichHart

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
The funny part is that a Savoie and Kulich ready for the league on Cozens wings is hard to play against dynamite. Savoie is dogged away from the puck. Kulich is a straight at you make you make a decision quick guy. All three can skate…all three can shoot. They could be chasing Savoie around while Kulich is finding space for his shot and they can both get him the puck. Now imagine Dahlin or Power out there on that shift too.

They’re kind of a perfect fit if they weren’t teenagers with no NHL experience.

I don't think both make it but I do think Savoie makes it. Kulich is what 18 right now? Savoie is 19? The funny part to me is I could actually see a guy like Cozen's more or less embracing this role as he appears to be a team first guy. And oddly a leader and at such a young age.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Mitts is starting to remind me more and more of tim Connelly

He doesn't have the hands that Connolly had but then again 99 percent of the league didn't have the hands that Connolly has either. He's still got some filthy moves and seems to have the sense for where the puck is going that you just don't see very often. He's also showing sense in his own zone now and that was an underrated part of TC's game. To say I am excited would be putting it mildly.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I think the puck did, and that's what counts. On the other hand, Panarin also did it (unsuccessfully)
But anytime you stickhandle from a shooting position the puck "goes backwards" and they never call it, it happens on a good portion of shootout shots.

I can't even pretend to see anything Power did as wrong

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Mind Blowing: Devon Levi used the lost art of the poke check in the shootout! Can't remember the last Sabres Goaltender to use it.
I actually thought about a week or so ago why don't goalies poke check the skaters more in the SO...especially when they come in real slow
..I definitely likes the aggressiveness by Levi in the SO...go on the offensive rather than sit back and get attacked

Reactions: Bendium

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad