Post-Game Talk (GBU): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly; 3-2 over Chicago, 11/19/23

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Losing & GBU-less streak over. See you Tuesday.

G:
UPL has been saving our bacon so far this year.. Who would've thought
Dahlin was amazing tonight
Really liked Benson's game tonight. I don't want him down.
EJ's goal was a beauty
Peterka is so great. I can't wait for Quinn to get back.

B:
Krebs was really bad tonight.
Cozens is big time struggling with that fish bubble on top of his earlier struggles. He's really fighting it and I think he'll get back on track but it's bad right now.
We need to do something about our forward depth right now, too many guys can't be depended on to even tread water.

U:
Knowing we are gonna be running 11-7 for the foreseeable future or until a defenseman gets hurt.
No Jack Quinn for another month and a half I'd say.

Last edited:

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
G
Dahlin
UPL
Benson

Bad
Girgs
Okposo
Granato (why is Okposo on the PP)

Ugly
Sitting back at the end of the game nearly getting score on. ATTACK

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Good: EJ, Benson, Dahlin, UPL

Bad: Tuch, Krebs, Skinner (despite goal) Cozens,

Ugly: We are a pretty boring team.

Reactions: VaporTrail

BuffaloGooner

Sep 8, 2011
Sloan, NY
Good

I love having crow served on a silver platter
Erik Johnson. Gotta start here. What a goal. Couple nice shot blocks too.
Dahlin is back to doing Dahlin stuff and that’s fun
UPL, another whipping boy looking just fine in the crease once again
Zach. Benson. DAWG. (More on him the bad section)
Ryan Johnson is one of our 3 best defenseman every single night
Thought Greenway played well. Couple grind it shifts, nice PK work
A win is a win

Bad

Zach Benson had the lowest TOI among forwards. Why Don?!
Sooooo many guys fighting it today. Cozens, Power, Tuch. Puck was like a bouncy ball.
Olofsson not bearing down and scoring in front that would’ve made it 4-2. You potted 2 recently with hard work, why can’t you do it this time?
Don’t like going 11/7
Girgensons isn’t as old as Okposo but looks just as rough. If they can turn back the clock at some point it’ll be welcomed

Ugly

Got none today. We won. Onto Washington.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
That has to be one of the least satisfying wins I can remember. UPL was great; it's impossible to deny that. I honestly do not get the Okposo love. As much time as Peterka. PP time. I don't get it. I'm not sure what Ryan Johnson needs to do to prove he belongs

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
he seemed to be the difference tonight ?

hard to send that effort to junior, but I'm sure they are thinking it

Bad
Don seems smarter than that, wonder if KA is whispering in his ear and delusional.

Being close still to the playoff race they should be fixing the lineup issues now!, not throwing away another season.

Please fix Cozens Don!

Last edited:

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Another ugly

Despite having 7D, we had to ride Dahlin for nearly 30 minutes tonight
The defensive depth and not having to play Dahlin in every situation so far this year allows for a game like this every so often where Dahlin is taking over and can win it for us nearly single-handedly. Let him run wild and carry us, that's why he just signed his mega ticket.

As long as this isn't a regular occurrence, I definitely don't mind the odd game like this.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
G
Dahlin
UPL
Benson

Bad
Girgs
Okposo

Ugly
Sitting back at the end of the game nearly getting score on. ATTACK
Who takes his PP time, Girgs, Greenway, Krebs, Jost, or a D not named Catlin or Power

Deleted member 346512

I'm not convinced by the one win now against the Hawks. For every good game there are three bad ones. There are too many problems that were not resolved in the offseason and are now unfortunately becoming noticeable. In my opinion, it's not enough against direct competitors for the playoffs. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm afraid that it won't be enough to get into the playoffs again this season.

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
G

Dahlin's best game of the season.
UPL keeps getting better.
EJ's between the d-man's legs snipe.
Ryan Johnson needs to stay.
Skinner's goal and Dahlin's pass.

B

Hawks dominated for way too much of the game.
Too many stupid turnovers.
Especially Krebs twice in our zone on one shift.
Other than his goal, Skinner was totally erratic.

U

Seth Jones contract.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Pendulum swung back our way after the Jets loss we win 9/10 playing that way.

G
UPL
Dahlin
Benson
JJ
EJ

B
4th line
3rd line minus greenway

U
Bedard- Less expected GF than Benson, bust.
Sabre's games excitement level without Thompson. The only two players with the puck on their stick that make you think "something is going to happen here" is Dahlin and JJ. Sometimes Skinner and Tuch but they are not really excelling without Tage.

This team runs through Dahlin and Thompson. Dahlin has stepped up for sure since his injury.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
G:
Dahlin being a one man breakout against a pretty aggressive forecheck.
Greenway on the PK. Just amazing. I love this player.
Ryan Johnson looking like he belongs.
Zach Benson with some very smart plays.

B:
Cozens, Skinner and Tuch have all lost the juice. I don't know what's going on with these guys, but they all three seem to be in a fog.

U:
Kyle is f***ing cooked man. It's so frustrating to see. He doesn't belong on the ice, let alone the power play.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
G:
-Dahlin was tremendous.
-UPL was tremendous.
-Benson was fantastic and if they send him down, it's just more of an "Old Boys Club" move.
-Johnson is in the same boat as Benson for me.

B:
-I'm not sure what happened to Cozens, but if someone could hit the reset button, I'd appreciate that!
-The power play is still a disjointed mess, but I enjoyed the rare goal.

U:
-Line 4. I mean, yikes.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I liked the GBU-less streak. It was representative of this team's start to the season.

Dahlin was great.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm not convinced by the one win now against the Hawks. For every good game there are three bad ones. There are too many problems that were not resolved in the offseason and are now unfortunately becoming noticeable. In my opinion, it's not enough against direct competitors for the playoffs. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I'm afraid that it won't be enough to get into the playoffs again this season.
I think most of everyone here agrees with this, the performance against the Hawks was unacceptable but they found a way to win and temporarily stop the bleeding which is a small positive.

I want to see the Sabres that beat Colorado, why did we get that team for one game out of the 20 we have played?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad