News Article: The Good, Bad, and Ugly - Habs end of Season Notes

HometownHockey

Montreal_Canadiens_L.jpg

It was a very good year. Especially after the miraculous March comeback win on Bell Centre ice against their nemesis from a season ago.

It was a thrill of a season. At least until Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final. It can be argued that Montreal is a year - maybe even two years - ahead of schedule.

The base is solid. Pierre Gauthier and Jacques Martin are distant memories.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/HH0573.php

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
Garbage article, -5 stars, 0/10. Doesn't completely **** on Boullion, Gionta, Markov, Emilin, Therrien, Gorges, OR Desharnais.

(Seriously tho, good read. Nice to see a somewhat optimistic view haha.)

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
The Good:
Price. Beaulieu's GA/60 (0.6 for the season, 1.0 in the playoffs). Weaver. Pac's 39 goals. Murray and Parros leaving. Plekanec. Subban. Bouillon's clutch goals. Murray intimidating. Changing the 3rd pairing from a weakness to an offensive force.

The bad:
Price's injury. Drafting 26th. Bouillon's ice time.

The ugly:
MT coaching. Murray playing hockey. The sixth defenceman prior to playing Beaulieu (be it Tinordi, Bouillon, or Murray, all ugly this year). The Bruins. The offence without Vanek. The power play (such bad short handed goals against). Playing Tokarski ahead of Budaj, you may have to but it's ugly to watch Budaj sitting.

Last edited:

Disturbed1

Dale ****ing Weise
Dec 31, 2010
Canada
Montreal_Canadiens_L.jpg

It was a very good year. Especially after the miraculous March comeback win on Bell Centre ice against their nemesis from a season ago.

It was a thrill of a season. At least until Game 6 of the Eastern Conference Final. It can be argued that Montreal is a year - maybe even two years - ahead of schedule.

READ MORE...

You had me at "..idiots in Ottawa" Good read :handclap:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
A fun recap. Thanks!

The only thing I disagree with is the crucifying of Denis Coderre for his anti-Desharnais tweet. Yes, I understand the need for political circumspection, but I give Coderre a pass for being a newly-elected mayor reacting as an old-time fan. Harsh or not, his words came from the gut. I found it refreshing to get a peek at the unfiltered hockey fan behind the title, and didn't get the slightest sense he was posturing for attention. A mistake? Yes. But an honest one he probably won't repeat.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Montreal_Canadiens_L.jpg

READ MORE...

Likes Bouillon... hates Bourque and can't figure out Eller

Not much enlightening here.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
nice read. isn't melnick the guy that spends half his time talking about concert he's been to or the celebrity that he met, or the football game last week he's seen and not talking about hockey?

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
nice read. isn't melnick the guy that spends half his time talking about concert he's been to or the celebrity that he met, or the football game last week he's seen and not talking about hockey?

Adds something to his show. He easily has the best sports talk radio show in the country.

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
The Good................3 rounds of playoff hockey
The Bad..................Not being able to beat the Rags
The Ugly.................Having to wait for hockey season to start.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
T
The bad:
Price's injury. Drafting 26th. Bouillon's ice time.

I can't believe some fans are complaining that the team went to the ECF with a solid run on which our young guys can build their confidence for the future.

You don't go from top 5 pick to Stanley Cup in one season, it's a process and part of this process is having success in the playoffs.

:shakehead

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
I can't believe some fans are complaining that the team went to the ECF with a solid run on which our young guys can build their confidence for the future.

You don't go from top 5 pick to Stanley Cup in one season, it's a process and part of this process is having success in the playoffs.

:shakehead

How many of our young guys can build any confidence from the playoffs? Many of them were barely used or used in minimal roles because the poor vets needed ice time. I get what you're saying, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad