The Golden age of Finnish hockey part 2.

Hasa92

Aug 4, 2012
Finland
8 years ago I made this thread: The Golden age of Finnish hockey

Gotta give a tap on the shoulder to my 8 year past self.

Was 2014 the beginning of the Golden Age of Finnish Hockey? Will it last and how long & how far will we get?

I think it is, and i think it we'll get more success than ever in the upcoming 5-10 years. For the first time in history we might actually become favorites to win the big tournaments.

4 Final appearances in the past 4 Finals (3 IIHF WC and 1 Olympics) and at least 2 Gold medals from them, also very good results from our juniors during the last 8 years as well and with a bunch of some elite prospects as well that we were nearly extinct prior that time span. Finnish hockey is stronger than ever been.

Around the same time I predicted something along the lines that Finland will infact become the main rival with Canada as time goes on (this thread or post I cannot find anymore), this rivalry has already started to grow at least in the IIHF worlds when these two teams have met twice in the last two gold medal games and possibly three times if Canada wins their semifinal game against Czechia later today. Finland hasn't showed the same kind of fortitude on true best on best tournaments but then again we haven't got any of those for men lately anyway. but still 4 Final appearances in a row with at least 2 Gold medals is something truly special for Finland and I have feeling this is still only the beginning

This Jalonen Dynasty is truly something special.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Since 2014:

OG: 1 gold (no NHL), 1 bronze (w/ NHL)
WC: 2 gold, 3 silver
WJC: 3 gold, 1 bronze
U18 (IIHF): 2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze
U17: 1 silver

Pretty decent haul at all levels

Reactions: mattihp

Vakarte

May 30, 2022
Not to mention the insane amounts of star power that have come out of Finland since 2014 in Barkov, Rantanen, Aho, Hintz, Heiskanen, Saros, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad