The GM Jim Benning & Team Management Discussion Part IX (MOD Warning post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

skywarp75

May 19, 2009
THOSE WHO ALREADY PAID FOR TICKETS AND WILL BE AT THE GAMES:

It'd be nice for some duelling chants. One side of the Arena shouts

FIRE BENNING

then the other chants

BRING BACK GILLIS

and get the building rocking. even the Gillis haters now must be able to use hindsight to see how much better our organization was run under his watch.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
THOSE WHO ALREADY PAID FOR TICKETS AND WILL BE AT THE GAMES:

It'd be nice for some duelling chants. One side of the Arena shouts

FIRE BENNING

then the other chants

BRING BACK GILLIS

and get the building rocking. even the Gillis haters now must be able to use hindsight to see how much better our organization was run under his watch.

Can we get a petition going to fire Benning? Please anyone?

TraderJim

Um.. like.. you know
Apr 18, 2006
**** any fan who spend money on this **** team while Benning is in charge.

Nucks N Canes

Jun 22, 2011
We give up a pick and a younger player for an aging scrub

So much for the bigger, faster, younger narrative

fIRE LINDEN, FIRE JIM-BOB!!!!!!!!!!!

I really hope they fire Benning before he wastes even more assets... makes no sense to include a pick on top of getting a very very bad player. Dorsett/Prust are both very similar and players of the past...

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
i like to consider myself an even-keeled person and try to be open-minded and impartial when judging bending's moves, but GIVING a 5th in the kassian trade is the end. he needs to go. fans need to be vocal.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
This is the problem with "tanking". It is rarely ever a planned tank. It's normally the result of just terrible management. And as such it is never as simple as tank, get Austin Mathews, and compete. It's tank, bleed assets while GMs scramble, collect some bad picks and have no depth to surround them with so you still suck.

It really sucks because I really wanted a Horvat jersey. But I just don't want to give this team money right now. Sure I'll watch the games on TV...or as much of them as I can stomach. By the time Benning is done this team is just going to be awful.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
To think we've now given up a third round pick and then $2.65MM for Dorsett, and now Kassian (acquired via Hodgson a 10th overall pick) and a 5th to acquire Prust for $2.5M....

He's done a fantastic job destroying this team though, kudos to him. We're now an old, skill-less overpaid goon squad.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
We went from:

Kesler
Garrison
Kassian
Santorelli
Richardson
Bieksa
Booth
Stanton
Lack

Into
Bonino
Mccann
Sbisa
Vey
Prust
Dorsett
Bartowski
Miller

Almost everyone in column a is better than everyone in colum B. This doesnt even include the picks that were traded back and forth. Hint: The only picks we got to downgrade that bad was a 1st 2nd and 3rd. each in different drafts. I honestly just dont understand.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I take back everything I've said about Benning staying for at least three years. I could easily see him gone by the end of this season. :laugh:

I really hope people boo him at the summer summit.

Alexistheman

Jun 28, 2007
Surrey
I'd love to see where this team is with Gillis still running it in a parallel universe. His trades always seemed to make sense, even if they didn't necessarily work out.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
BifHnhk.gif

Saw it coming from a mile away. Hated this hire on d1 with that Garrison and Kesler trade.

We need Jim Benning themed avatars.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Well you can bet Benning's phone is constantly ringing right now.

He likely thinks that it's because he has so many valuable assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad