Recalled/Assigned: The Glory of the Coming of the Lord - Pens have re-assigned forward Chuck Kobasew

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Finally....

Still - happy i got to see the worst 4th line ever at least once, and in a win no less.

Gladamsew was amazing in Nashville.

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
Shelly Anderson ‏@pgshelly 1m

Doesn't appear that Chuck Kobasew, who cleared waivers yesterday, is on the ice for #Penguins practice

Hmm, something may be going on here! We'll get to the bottom of this sooner or later!

gtpeli2

Feb 5, 2014
Don't be surprised if Bylsma asks to trade places with WBS coach so he can continue coaching Kobasew.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I wouldn't be shocked to see him putting up less than a PPG in AHL.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
Just as long as he isnt called back up

Down the stretch and in the PO Conner and Gibbons can be solid call-ups in case of injury, or Engo/Pyatt if you need size and toughness.

I don't see any use for Kobesew any more.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Down the stretch and in the PO Conner and Gibbons can be solid call-ups in case of injury, or Engo/Pyatt if you need size and toughness.

I don't see any use for Kobesew any more.

Hopefully that is true. I'd call up: Megna, Conner, Gibbons, Sill, Machacek and Scrabbles before Kobasew plus Engelland and Pyatt already on the roster.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Finally....

Still - happy i got to see the worst 4th line ever at least once, and in a win no less.

Gladamsew was amazing in Nashville.

Last night DB put Kobasew on the first line (I think for only a shift or two) after Gibbons was thrown around like a rag doll for a couple periods. At least Kobasew made it through a shift upright.

I'm really glad we've gotten a couple legitimate 3rd liners today. Maybe there's at least a little more hope than yesterday.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Kobasew had a decent NHL career but it's clearly over. I guess he'll ride out the year in the AHL and maybe he'll find work there or over seas next year if he wants to keep playing.

Just goes to show you not to be fooled by those preseason performances. We've seen Comrie and Kobasew light it up while trying to earn jobs or roles on the team and then they totally stunk up the joint once the real hockey in the regular season started.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Kobasew had a decent NHL career but it's clearly over. I guess he'll ride out the year in the AHL and maybe he'll find work there or over seas next year if he wants to keep playing.

Just goes to show you not to be fooled by those preseason performances. We've seen Comrie and Kobasew light it up while trying to earn jobs or roles on the team and then they totally stunk up the joint once the real hockey in the regular season started.

Tell that to Shero who seems to be regularly fooled by these types of players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad