GDT: The generic GDT| CBJ vs Buffalo| 10/27/18|7:00 p.m.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Bob's time in Columbus is over. Finis. Done.

Time for the FO to get on with it. Do they really want 2 UFAs to walk for nothing? They played their hardball and the situation is what it is. Bob probably cannot be productive in the current environment.
Yup, and we dodged a huge bullet . The game is changing dramatically , half the teams in the league have a gaa of over 3 right now . We are going to have some major work ahead of us if Bread doesn’t stay, and going to need all the flexibility we can get . Give Jarmo props for what he has done with our goalie pipeline .

Reactions: thebus88

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I wouldn't mind giving Bob a looong reset, like 5 more games. But it does feel like we should give him at least one easy start.
If they don't play him against Detroit next game, you can expect public trade request.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Bob's time in Columbus is over. Finis. Done.

Time for the FO to get on with it. Do they really want 2 UFAs to walk for nothing? They played their hardball and the situation is what it is. Bob probably cannot be productive in the current environment.
I'm a Bob guy, but this is pretty much the feeling I have. I don't think Korpi is the guy, but there really is only one way to find out.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Maybe, but I bet Bob knows the situation well enough. He has some game adjustments to make.
If there is a trade request, it's because he's leaning that way anyways.
They are going to California swing after Detroit, they have a back to back game there, so your suggestion to sit him 5 more games is silly (pardonne moi). It's not like Korpi is putting last year Grubauer numbers, to justify sitting Bob, he's right here allowing 4 goals 3 games in a row.
You play Bob with Detroit, that way non of your goalies are cold going to Cali, then let Korpi prove how good he is against the Sharks.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'm a Bob guy, but this is pretty much the feeling I have. I don't think Korpi is the guy, but there really is only one way to find out.
The front office made their bed.

I don't know how anyone can be confident that Korpisalo is a #1 goalie, but at this point, neither is Bob.

As you say, there's only one way to find out. And we all know that Safe is Death. On with the Korpi Express!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
If they don't play him against Detroit next game, you can expect public trade request.
They're going to play him against Detroit. And probably the game after too unless he has a total breakdown or gets injured.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
They're going to play him against Detroit. And probably the game after too unless he has a total breakdown or gets injured.
That's why i say IF they don't, his agent should break his "special force" habit of silence and put a trade request, because it's not a goalie management it's punishment.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
@MoeBartoli have you read this?

Josh Anderson got his first extended power-play minutes in the Blue Jackets’ 7-4 victory Thursday in St. Louis, playing in the middle of the slot on the second unit. Coach John Tortorella liked the way Anderson used his speed to gain the offensive zone and the way he worked as an outlet option in the middle of the offensive setup.
Anderson replaced Oliver Bjorkstrand on that unit and will hold onto that spot for the time being.
“He has given us some good minutes here and that’s how it’s going to work until Oliver gets his game completely straightened out 5-on-5,” Tortorella said. “Josh is going to stay there and was pretty effective (in St. Louis).”

Reactions: MoeBartoli

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I don't think Ollie deserves that but Anderson also deserves time. We've got a lot of good second unit options, so this sort of brutal competition happens.

I was watching the Oilers yesterday and their second unit was Rieder - Strome - Chiasson - Benning - Yamamoto. It didn't even look like a PP.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Cam's recent quote about "all about me", Foligno's statement "He's trying as hard as he knows how", etc... They got along, but did they respect him?

I believe the "trying as hard as he knows how", was 1 of the coaches in the AHL. Bednar or Larsen.

Obviously, I'm not 1 to defend Jojo, and I didn't read or hear the comments myself, but with how things have turned out, do you think its possible Cam was actually talking about Bobrovsky?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Andy has earned his way to be on the PP. (He probably did at points last year). Bjork has played well the last several games, but he (and to a greater extent Milano) aren't Torts kind of players. The Maestro has finally been put on a line with a couple of guys that can allow him to succeed. So in that sense it's up to Bjork.
I'm fine with him sitting out the PP for now, though he has the skill to be a PP guy because he has good vision and a good shot.

Though it's not my nature, I can be like Torts and hold a grudge. And I do indeed hold a grudge against Torts going back to last year's Dallas game when Bjork scored both CBJ goals and instead of using that as a supporting building block, Torts the #ss droned on about checking and basically dismissing his game-winners.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I like the way the top 3 lines are playing right now. So when (the original) Dubi comes back, any thoughts about a 4th line of Milano-Dubi-Nash?

Remove Milano without replacing him with Hannikainen and that sounds good.

Sedlak-Dubinsky-Nash

I really don't understand the "anti Sedlak" mindset most peole have. He may not LOOK as flashy offensively as Milano, and yeah your better off with the puck on Milano's stick on a 2 on 1, but IMO, he creates just as many offensive chances for the team than Milano does. Just his willingness and ability to create traffic in front does a lot. And he can actually think at the NHL level.

Not to mention he is willing and seems to make a bit of an impact with his physical game, along with being quite good and (most importantly) TRUSTED by the coaches in a "defensive" role or tasked with a "tough matchup".

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not a mod but probably more fitting to post Monsters updates in the Monsters thread.. especially in a 4-4 game in the 3rd.

:skeptic: :squint: :whaaa?:

1zqwrgx.jpg

:dunno:

Reactions: Johansen2Foligno

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Remove Milano without replacing him with Hannikainen and that sounds good.

Sedlak-Dubinsky-Nash

I really don't understand the "anti Sedlak" mindset most peole have. He may not LOOK as flashy offensively as Milano, and yeah your better off with the puck on Milano's stick on a 2 on 1, but IMO, he creates just as many offensive chances for the team than Milano does. Just his willingness and ability to create traffic in front does a lot. And he can actually think at the NHL level.

Not to mention he is willing and seems to make a bit of an impact with his physical game, along with being quite good and (most importantly) TRUSTED by the coaches in a "defensive" role or tasked with a "tough matchup".
I'd like to have a scorer along with the two checkers/defensive oriented guys. Sedlak scores with the frequency of me cashing a ticket at the track and not something needed in that group. 17 and 20 should be able to help Sonny.

As to Torts TRUST in Sedlak, it depends on the day....about as predictable as a day on Wall Street.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I'd like to have a scorer along with the two checkers/defensive oriented guys. Sedlak scores with the frequency of me cashing a ticket at the track and not something needed in that group. 17 and 20 should be able to help Sonny.

As to Torts TRUST in Sedlak, it depends on the day....about as predictable as a day on Wall Street.

Long Live Beulah! Cleveland for Sedlak!

Reactions: MoeBartoli

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That's why i say IF they don't, his agent should break his "special force" habit of silence and put a trade request, because it's not a goalie management it's punishment.

I wouldn't assume Bob views any of it as punishment. It's a chance for him to work on his game outside of the spotlight a bit. Starters cede the net sometimes - last year it was Rask and Holtby. Is it a genuine controversy? Can't tell yet.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
but I’d like to at least see Korpi do this consistently against some quality opponents.

Well how exactly do you expect him do to that? And how would that affect your opinions on Bobby's playing time/starts?

Do some of you NOT see the problem with your logic? You say that Korpisalo shouldn't start over Bobrovsky because he's supposedly never proven something he's never had the opportunity to prove.

AND REMEMBER, the initial "pro Bob" argument was that the team wouldn't/couldn't win games with Korpisalo. REALITY is that they haven't lost a game with him this year. So now of course, the goal posts gets moved back and its all supposedly because the "quality of competition" between our goalies is vastly different. And are you saying/admitting that Bob cant handle the "tougher" teams? Or that Korpisalo should now get the opportunity to play these "tougher" teams? Or neither?

And what's actually wrong with STL or FLA? How bad actually are they? I guess we should just "all" be glad that 'games in hand' didn't suit up for FLA, he woulda LIT Korpisalo UP.

Can you imagine a GM asking Bob/his agent about his rough start/bad numbers/bad record, and them giving the excuse that he had to play the tough teams. Talk about earning/deserving the big bucks, eh. I really must be missing something when the same people who claim Bob is a top 3 goalie in the league, deserves to be paid (by the CBJ) top 3, and then gives him an excuse or 'out' when he not only loses or gets LIT UP against good teams, BUT LOOKS BRUTAL WHILE IT OCCURS.

"tough teams Bobrovsky"
or
"shit teams Korpisalo"

??

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Had a wedding Saturday night so I only caught bits and pieces...

Watching the highlights, Korpi still seems to be leaving too much of the net open at times, partially because he comes so far out and doesn't recover well. Not his best game IMO.

Bob should start Tuesday, rolling Korpisalo a third straight game isn't the message I'd want to send at this point in time given the benefit of goal support Korpi has been getting.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Well how exactly do you expect him do to that? And how would that affect your opinions on Bobby's playing time/starts?

Do some of you NOT see the problem with your logic? You say that Korpisalo shouldn't start over Bobrovsky because he's supposedly never proven something he's never had the opportunity to prove.

AND REMEMBER, the initial "pro Bob" argument was that the team wouldn't/couldn't win games with Korpisalo. REALITY is that they haven't lost a game with him this year. So now of course, the goal posts gets moved back and its all supposedly because the "quality of competition" between our goalies is vastly different. And are you saying/admitting that Bob cant handle the "tougher" teams? Or that Korpisalo should now get the opportunity to play these "tougher" teams? Or neither?

And what's actually wrong with STL or FLA? How bad actually are they? I guess we should just "all" be glad that 'games in hand' didn't suit up for FLA, he woulda LIT Korpisalo UP.

Can you imagine a GM asking Bob/his agent about his rough start/bad numbers/bad record, and them giving the excuse that he had to play the tough teams. Talk about earning/deserving the big bucks, eh. I really must be missing something when the same people who claim Bob is a top 3 goalie in the league, deserves to be paid (by the CBJ) top 3, and then gives him an excuse or 'out' when he not only loses or gets LIT UP against good teams, BUT LOOKS BRUTAL WHILE IT OCCURS.

"tough teams Bobrovsky"
or
"**** teams Korpisalo"

??

I'm not gonna bother looking, but I'm pretty sure they've both allowed way too many goals. The Jackets are just scoring more goals in front of Korpi. That's not a defense of Bob, I'm just saying neither have been good at all so the comparison isn't too useful imo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad