GDT: The generic GDT| CBJ vs Buffalo| 10/27/18|7:00 p.m.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
There's something going on in the room. The players seem to play better in front of Korpi, even though he is really playing no better than Bob.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I was there.... Korpi can't keep giving up 4 goals every game but we did beat that Swede... I'm pissed for giving the Sabres a point....

Big win for Korpi, the CBJ and the fans..... Bye, bye Sabre fans...

Korpi is 4-0 now!!!!!

Reactions: CBJSTH

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I was there.... Korpi can't keep giving up 4 goals every game but we did beat that Swede... I'm pissed for giving the Sabres a point....

Korpi is 4-0 now!!!!!
His stats ain't pretty, but all he does is win (no matter what)

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

Korpi is 4-0 now!!!!!
They seemed less drunken and obnoxious this year.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
There's something going on in the room. The players seem to play better in front of Korpi, even though he is really playing no better than Bob.

Of course, it doesn’t hurt that Korpi has played against Detroit, Florida, Buffalo and St. Louis. Wings, Panthers and Blues are 31st, 28th and 25th in the league standings.

Reactions: brianhatesu

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Close.

With a -1 tonight, Cam is a -8 on the season and a -14 in 12 games dating back to the playoffs last season. Like I said in a few GDTs before, his offensive potential is sky high but he is quickly becoming a defensive liability which is odd to me seeing that he never has seemed like one in the past.

When did +/- become an individual stat?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
When did +/- become an individual stat?

It always is looked upon like it is, otherwise why both keeping it? You could make the same argument for assists. If the goal scorer didn't score there is no assist. I agree it is not a great way to value a player's contribution but I guess I'd rathe rhave a guy with a plus than a negative.

brianhatesu

Aug 8, 2003
Dayton
Visit site
Of course, it doesn’t hurt that Korpi has played against Detroit, Florida, Buffalo and St. Louis. Wings, Panthers and Blues are 31st, 28th and 25th in the league standings.
The team isn’t playing better because of Korpi, they are playing better against weaker teams. Buffalo is a little better than the other three, but Korpi isn’t winning us these games.

Reactions: Bobcat110

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
The team isn’t playing better because of Korpi, they are playing better against weaker teams. Buffalo is a little better than the other three, but Korpi isn’t winning us these games.
Wrong, he is winning these games . Half the league is allowing over 3 goals a game . He makes big saves when needed , and has done that every game . The difference between him and Bob , is Korpi gets pissed when he gets beat , but instantly lets it go , and becomes more focused . What you are seeing is why it’s imperative that we taken the 10 mill Bob wants , and go out and get elite offensive players . The equipment is smaller , and goal scoring is way up. That goalie for Buffalo gave up 5, but is a flat out stud . The jackets could have scored 8 goals last night , easily, but he battled and made big saves . The Nhl wants to grow it’s sport, and games like tonight will bring in a lot of new fans , lots of up and down the ice , with tons of scoring chances . Korpi has the mental make up to let it go , and try to stop the next one . Bob usually wilts , and it snowballs .

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015

Wrong. Korpi is making these teams look feeble and weak.

Bob makes teams like the Tampa Bay Lightning look like Stanley Cup contenders.

Reactions: chrawer

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Wrong, he is winning these games . Half the league is allowing over 3 goals a game . He makes big saves when needed , and has done that every game . The difference between him and Bob , is Korpi gets pissed when he gets beat , but instantly lets it go , and becomes more focused . What you are seeing is why it’s imperative that we taken the 10 mill Bob wants , and go out and get elite offensive players . The equipment is smaller , and goal scoring is way up. That goalie for Buffalo gave up 5, but is a flat out stud . The jackets could have scored 8 goals last night , easily, but he battled and made big saves . The Nhl wants to grow it’s sport, and games like tonight will bring in a lot of new fans , lots of up and down the ice , with tons of scoring chances . Korpi has the mental make up to let it go , and try to stop the next one . Bob usually wilts , and it snowballs .

You would think Korpi was the one with multiple Vezinas. I understand the frustration with Bob due to his off the ice stance regarding his pending UFA and people are justifying his likely departure, but I’d like to at least see Korpi do this consistently against some quality opponents.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Which is a more accurate representation of their recent game play?

A.) Life is like a box of chocolate. You never know what you are going to get.

B.) They are up and down like a toilet seat.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Look, Bob is gone. There is no freaking way we pay him $10.000.000 per season for multiple years when we have a pretty good number 1B goalie and a couple of very good goalie prospects in the pipeline not too far away. While he has a strong skill set, Bob is quite a "mental" case in the way he plays. He knows he has no future here. Get him out as soon as possible. I think it is still possible to get value for him early in the year.

And once again, I note that Atkinson, despite his huge contribution to our victories, there is a large contingent on this board who look to find things to blame on him.

I say go with the same lineup on Tuesday. Let's see if we really have something going here.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Bob: .872 save% 3.87GAA against Detroit,Cats, Blues, Buffalo - 3 bottoms teams.
Korp: .897 save% 3.46GAA against Canes, Avs, Tampa, Yotes, Flyers, Hawks-4 top teams.

But when you have to stick to narrative, one is winning us games, and the other one is loosing.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Bob's time in Columbus is over. Finis. Done.

Time for the FO to get on with it. Do they really want 2 UFAs to walk for nothing? They played their hardball and the situation is what it is. Bob probably cannot be productive in the current environment.

Reactions: thebus88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad