The Game is just not the same

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site
Was having a chat with some friends the other day about how you don't enjoy a sport as much when certain players retire or rivalries die down.

The biggest one for me, and I'm sure it's the same for many people, is basketball after Jordan retired. I've never been able to enjoy the game as much since he left and I wasn't even a Bulls fan. Iverson, Duncan, Shaq, Kobe, they just didn't do anything for me, I barely even follow the game nowadays.

Formula 1 comes second. Growing up it was all about Prost vs. Senna with young Schumacher nipping at their heels (I was rooting for Schu big time back then). But with Senna passing away and Prost retiring, Schumacher's era of dominance was also the end of my enjoyment of that sport. I use to set my alarm clock just to see the race starts in the Prost/Senna/Schumacher days, now I haven't watched a second of racing in over 10 years.:laugh:

I loved Tennis when Sampras was king. Federer Vs. Nadal? Meh.

Anybody else feels the same about these or other sports?

Blainer114*

Maverick
Jun 8, 2016
Toronto
For me I just dont care as much during the reg season of any sport anymore. Even during the playoffs I used to love ot games going long now im like just score somebody.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00