Post-Game Talk (GBU): The G, B, Luuuu: They Got a Bigger Boat, Sabres 3 - Sharks 0, Jan 15, 2024

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good:

- Luukkonen was calm and controlled and made some saves look easy.
- The PP worked. The PK worked.
- Greenway strong, nice reward with the ENG.
- Lineup changes at forward throughout the game.
- Ryan Johnson. That's all. That's the post.
- Tuch moving off puck on the PP? That was so 2022.
- Mitts screen shot goes in.

Bad:

- The weather in WNY in the last few days. Hope everyone gets where they need to go in timely fashion.

Ugly:

- Missing the 2nd period goals live because today the ESPN app bug hit me.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If I was nitpicking, I didn't like Quinn and Peterka earlier in the game but the lineup shuffle seemed to get something out of them or at least masked their apparent bad day enough that it didn't cost them. And maybe Power's late penalty. *shrug* A lot of things go away with the result they had today.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
The Sharks are one terrible hockey team. How the mighty have fallen.

The Sabres played down to their level in the 1st and looked lethargic. But Mitts is on a mission (want to hear more about him reinventing his game.... in what manner because he is a different player right now.)

Liking the Minnesota connection (of players) that the Sabres have put together.

G: Got weighed during a doctor's visit as part of my physical and have lost almost 15 pounds in less than a month.
It's terrible how those pounds creep up on us as we age.... (I'm with ya there...Congratulations on your success!)

For me, too easy proximity to pizza and wings would just make it worse...

Reactions: sabremike

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
G
Dman pinches in the offensive zone. Tuch covers the point.

Dman pinches. Okposo covers.

B
Joki pinches in the offensive zone. Peterka doesn't cover the point. That boy is starting to annoy me.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Took advantage of the bills game to get rinkside tickets.

My 3 stars were
UPL/Mitts/Duclair

I liked Mitts, Tuch, Thompson a lot.
Duclairs line was dangerous constantly

EJ is washed
Cozens line got completely caved in. They couldn’t deal with the 1-2-2 of SJ and made too many easy turnovers.

Reactions: Dingo44

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Sabres *should* win 3 out of the next 5. If they can steal the Tampa game or Kings game that would be great (they failed to do that vs the Canucks).

Hard to have any confidence even vs bottom feeders though.

• Haha
Reactions: VaporTrail

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Another excellent game for UPL. They need to send Levi to Rochester, let UPL start here and Levi start there (and, of course, find an NHL capable back-up for 6k).
Levi has one good game and they completely abandon the plan of letting him get reps in Rochester. This team should have just lived and died by UPL and Comrie. Now Levi is sitting on the bench because he's sitting behind a guy who is better than him at the moment and they sent the backup goalie to Rochester, so now they're kind of stuck. The management of this team drives me insane.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Levi has one good game and they completely abandon the plan of letting him get reps in Rochester. This team should have just lived and died by UPL and Comrie. Now Levi is sitting on the bench because he's sitting behind a guy who is better than him at the moment and they sent the backup goalie to Rochester, so now they're kind of stuck. The management of this team drives me insane.
Comrie's injury followed by UPLs illness is what submarined the original plan.

That said...there's nothing preventing us from sending Levi down and recalling Comrie.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
He got called back up from Roch because I think it was UPL got sick/injured and couldnt dress.

Reactions: Zman5778

KiwiGriff

It’s a Bloody Business Bates!
Dec 29, 2019
Porirua
This is the way.
Damn you. I saw the post from @tsujimoto74 and spent a minute of my life choosing a picture only to come back and find you’d already said it.

IMG_3205.jpeg

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Good game, actually winning the shutout is nice. Looking at Tage to really start heating up next 3 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00