The future of Matt Hunwick

Averick*

What do you think will become of Mattila the Hun in the future?

Poll to follow--multiple choices activated

Last edited by a moderator:

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Un-signed in the summer, then who the hell cares Hunwick's gone lets have a party

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
He'll become a model.

tumblr_lc57y6G9Q61qeitlxo3_400.jpg

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Honestly would have liked to see him brought up with Barrie going down. I know, shoot me right?

Better option than Wilson all day long, but I guess Roy REALLY doesn't like his game or he's not going to play someone that has absolutely no shot of being here in 3 months.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
Honestly would have liked to see him brought up with Barrie going down. I know, shoot me right?

Better option than Wilson all day long, but I guess Roy REALLY doesn't like his game or he's not going to play someone that has absolutely no shot of being here in 3 months.

Probably hurts Hunwicks case that he's injured

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
No reason to kick him when he's down. He was a good soldier for the Monsters all year. Not that I want to see him play with the Avs again but that's not even an option. He'll probably get an AHL gig elsewhere.

Averick*

No reason to kick him when he's down. He was a good soldier for the Monsters all year. Not that I want to see him play with the Avs again but that's not even an option. He'll probably get an AHL gig elsewhere.

When is he going to be "up"? When has he ever been " up"?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Marginal player. Seems like a good guy. Patrick Roy probably hasn't thought about him in months, so if he has a future as a 6th-7th defender somewhere, it won't be here.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
Roy probably could have made Hunwick play at least on Holdens level, but I guess he liked Holden more? Poor bunny :( BYEEEEEE

nanzenkills

Jan 31, 2007
Ontario, California
Roy probably could have made Hunwick play at least on Holdens level, but I guess he liked Holden more? Poor bunny :( BYEEEEEE

Roy called up both Stollery and Elliott over Hunwick this year when he needed more D-men. I think it's safe to say that Hunwick is done in Colorado. Personally, I'd be willing to keep him around in Lake Erie on a 2-way contract at the league minimum just for depth, but there is that limit of 50 contracts, and I'd hate to see some prospect who comes on later not be able to be signed because of Hunwick's contract. Though I'm sure he could be bought out cheaply as well at that point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad