News Article: The Future Is Now

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There are two spots up front, possibly, and maybe one on defence, so I don't think there is going to be a rushing of many players at all this season

I think they may want to avoid an Edmonton situation of having too many young guys in a losing environment at the NHL level all at the same time.

I suspect Belleville is where the action is going to be this year - they are going to want to be competitive and hopefully gain some Calder Cup playoff experience.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I think they may want to avoid an Edmonton situation of having too many young guys in a losing environment at the NHL level all at the same time.

I suspect Belleville is where the action is going to be this year - they are going to want to be competitive and hopefully gain some Calder Cup playoff experience.

That would be smart. It will be interesting to see what happens at the TDL or perhaps before and how much Belleville gets depleted in their road to the playoffs.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Alternate theory - maybe the Oilers prospects, outside of 97 and 29, simply weren't as good as they thought, hence all the losing...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well, that’s probably a more likely theory.

I dunno, I think it was more a cultural thing in the organization. Plenty of players have left the Oilers and had tremendous success, Hall, Schultz, Perron, Petry, Dubnyk to an extent Eberle. Some players are decent outside of Drai and Mcdavid. Nurse, Klefbom and RNH specifically have all turned into good NHL players.

That organization was toxic from a management and coaching perspective I think that was the issue more than anything. Hopefully we can avoid that here.

I think you are right most players should atleast start in Belleville especially the really young ones that are first or second year pros. Unless they are absolutely knocking down the door and show they dont belong in the AHL. This team also has tons of players on one way and expiring deals, they should be elevating these players in the lineup so they produce more than they probably would then they should be sold for future assets. There is absolutely no point in trying to win this season by rushing the youngsters. Id rather they win in the AHL as a group then come up together.

I really only see Batherson and Wolanin as needing to play in the NHL so that they dont stall their development.

To start the season

NHL

Tkachuk White Batherson
Ryan Tierney Duclair
Paul Pageau C. Brown
Boedker Anisimov Ennis
Veronneau/Davidsson/Balcers

Chabot Demelo
Wolanin Zaitsev
Hainsey Jaros
Boro

Anderson
Nilson

AHL

Formenton Brown Davidsson/Veronneau
Balcers Chlapik Abramov
Kelly Norris Rodewald
Carcone Kastelic Klimchuk
Beaudin Sabourin Beauchemin
Labatt Clapperton Sturtz

Lajoie Brannstrom
Englund Murray
Ebert Golobouf
Mcdonald Dougherty

Hogberg
Daccord
Gustavsson

As the season progresses and trades are made the best players will come up, I think Brown and Balcers are likely the first to be called up once players are off loaded. I think it will be best from an asset management and development perspective to operate the team this way. Lajoie and Brannstrom whoever is playing better will be the first call up on D.

Hypothetically the sens could/should move on from the following players and recoup as many assets as possible.

F
Boedker
Ennis
Duclair (would prefer not to trade him if he is playing well but if the price is right like a first or second plus prospect they gotta do it)
Tierney/Pageau (one only extend pageau maximize the asset by trading Tierney)

D
Demelo
Hainsey
Boro

G
Anderson

After the trades this team should look something like this.

Tkachuk White Duclair
Ryan L. Brown Batherson
Paul Pageau C. Brown
Balcers Anisimov Veronneau/Davidsson

Chabot Zaitsev
Wolanin Jaros
Lajoie Brannstrom

Nilson
Hogberg

Reactions: Slack and NyQuil

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I think that is what Dorion did, especially in acquiring players like Anisimov, Brown and Ennis. Protect Ottawa from themselves and putting the brakes on very promising prospects.

I would love to be a lottery pick and Calder Cup contention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad