News Article: The Future Is Now

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I’m so excited to see this team develop into something great. These kids are going to battle for each other and for some reason the last roster we had before the changes I don’t think had this. This season might be a wash but I hope to see some solid development. 20/21 will be be the start of hopefully a long run with a competitive teams.

InTkachukWeTrust

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
tenor.gif

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I dont think any fan that wants to see this team win the stanley cup wants to see them do any better than the last few years. This year we actually have our first so there is optimism and its not so bad when we see the team lose, atleast we know were getting a star player out of it. Rushing all these young players into the lineup makes no sense at all in the big picture. Formenton, Brannstrom absolutely need more time developing in the AHL they are only 20 years old. Lajoie and Brown probably do too. Where is Brannstrom going to play this year ahead of Wolanin? Who is clearly much further along in development.

Why cant we just have a clear message that portrays some intelligence. This team thinks our fanbase are a bunch of clueless morons, we know this is the perfect opportunity to maximize assets with all the expiring contracts and a really deep draft. Just give us some reassurance that the organization actually has a real plan.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m so excited to see this team develop into something great. These kids are going to battle for each other and for some reason the last roster we had before the changes I don’t think had this. This season might be a wash but I hope to see some solid development. 20/21 will be be the start of hopefully a long run with a competitive teams.

InTkachukWeTrust

What brought you to this conclusion?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah.....there's one hell of a big gap between embarrassment to genuine contender. I don't see any team making that jump in one leap.

The focus this year, should be developing the kids. Find the strengths and weaknesses in the group, identify who we think will be our long-term core, then develop a system that best suits our core. Then build around that.

We need to wait a few years before bringing out the C word.

Reactions: Alex1234

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I dont think any fan that wants to see this team win the stanley cup wants to see them do any better than the last few years. This year we actually have our first so there is optimism and its not so bad when we see the team lose, atleast we know were getting a star player out of it. Rushing all these young players into the lineup makes no sense at all in the big picture. Formenton, Brannstrom absolutely need more time developing in the AHL they are only 20 years old. Lajoie and Brown probably do too. Where is Brannstrom going to play this year ahead of Wolanin? Who is clearly much further along in development.

Why cant we just have a clear message that portrays some intelligence. This team thinks our fanbase are a bunch of clueless morons, we know this is the perfect opportunity to maximize assets with all the expiring contracts and a really deep draft. Just give us some reassurance that the organization actually has a real plan.

Breeding a winning culture, and properly developing our young players is more important than purposely losing and picking a few picks higher in the draft.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Breeding a winning culture, and properly developing our young players is more important than purposely losing and picking a few picks higher in the draft.

If they wanted to breed a winning culture they would be trying to make the team better and actually retaining its good veterans, not selling players and picks for money. This team needs star forward talent. Rushing prospects to sell tickets isnt breeding a winning culture or developing the young players properly.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
If they wanted to breed a winning culture they would be trying to make the team better and actually retaining its good veterans, not selling players and picks for money. This team needs star forward talent. Rushing prospects to sell tickets isnt breeding a winning culture or developing the young players properly.

No shit. I wanted to keep at least some of the talent (Stone in particular), but Dorion had no choice in the matter since Melnyk was the one with the purse strings. The next best thing is bringing in other veterans to shelter the kids, like DJ Smith was saying.

Reactions: Back in Black

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No ****. I wanted to keep at least some of the talent (Stone in particular), but Dorion had no choice in the matter since Melnyk was the one with the purse strings. The next best thing is bringing in other veterans to shelter the kids, like DJ Smith was saying.
Maple Leafs 2.0 Shelter Young Senators. Makes a great headline.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
What brought you to this conclusion?

Well you look at the Karlsson vs Hoffman situation (and their wives) and then rumors some players disliked Karlsson because he didn't like to practice with the team. Don't get me wrong there were players who fought hard for each other on the last team.

I just think the roots run deeper with this set of kids.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well you look at the Karlsson vs Hoffman situation (and their wives) and then rumors some players disliked Karlsson because he didn't like to practice with the team. Don't get me wrong there were players who fought hard for each other on the last team.

The players liked Karlsson, this was made up by the media aka the sens to make it easier to trade him. People gotta stop believing what they are being told by this organization. That sens team battled tooth and nail to get to game 7 of the conference finals against opponents that were much more talented this is just simply not true.

These young players barely know one another its not the same thing.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

The "roots"?

Most of these young players will be playing with each other for the first time this year.

And the kids that have played together have experienced nothing but losing at the professional level.

Reactions: Deku and BondraTime

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
The future is next year. This is another tank year. They absolutely can't f*** this up and the high pick is the most important part of all. High end talent is what wins you championships.

I will be very disappointed if they overachieve.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
The "roots"?

Most of these young players will be playing with each other for the first time this year.

And the kids that have played together have experienced nothing but losing at the professional level.

Well when you look at guys like Brown, White, Tkachuk, Norris who have all gone through the USA development and guys like Chabot & White who came up together I just think imo this group is much closer.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Well when you look at guys like Brown, White, Tkachuk, Norris who have all gone through the USA development and guys like Chabot & White who came up together I just think imo this group is much closer.

Turris and Karlsson were best friends and came up together. Stone and Ceci always hung out together and are marrying two girls who are sisters. Methot was loved by everyone in the room.

The team being "close" means nothing. If we don't surround this core with more talent than the last core, especially in the bottom 6 and bottom 4, we're going to continue to be a bad team.

Besides, we have no idea who these 18-20 year old guys will date and marry, and that probably has the biggest impact on their social lives. Tkachuk's future wife and Chabot's future wife, might one day, hate each other.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
The future is next year. This is another tank year. They absolutely can't **** this up and the high pick is the most important part of all. High end talent is what wins you championships.

I will be very disappointed if they overachieve.
Nah. I'll settle for a Stanley Cup and 1st overall pick courtesy of San Jose Sharks.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

There are two spots up front, possibly, and maybe one on defence, so I don't think there is going to be a rushing of many players at all this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->