Speculation: The future for Morgan Frost

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Torts clearly isn't fan and has dicked him around all year. Ending the season benching him (With Brink/Atkinson) in must win game they needed offense and double shifting scrubs instead shows even further his dislike of kid

I don't understand why every time I have watched Flyers Frost sticks out and he made improvements in his game (faceoffs, etc) that coaches usually are happy about.

Frost really needs to get away from Torts at this point and if Flyers are bringing back Torts as HC or moving him to management role (As I have seen some speculation on) it would be detrimental to kid to remain in Philly.

I imagine several teams would be very happy to have Frost (Would love him in Chicago)

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I'd like to see him as the 2C in Detroit for a couple/ few seasons until Danielson takes that job. I wonder what Briere's ask would be.

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
In a just universe he'd have to be a Leaf right?

Leafs have a desperate need for an affordable top nine center, Holgrem and Kampf are in that spot.

Cowan for Frost enough? Leafs get a guy more seasoned and Flyers someone with maybe a higher ceiling?

If I get torched for this, I'll admit my impressions of Frost pretty superficial if I'm over or under valuing him.

Last edited:
Reactions: BernieParent

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'd be interested as a Preds fan. Sissons has done admirable this year playing 2C/3C but ideally not a long term solution. Running ROR, Novak/Frost, Sissons down the middle would be nice.

With Tomasino (unjustifiably) falling out of favor with Brunette, I wonder if he can be used as a trade piece here.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Briere has said before that he likes Frost and believes in him.

It’s just the dinosaur coach that doesn’t because he’s afraid of offense.

As a fan of Frost and starting to lose all hope the Flyers are going to turn things around and pushing towards a “hockey fan” instead of a fan of the team. It’s Frost’s best interest to get traded. Hes never going to be anything more than in Torts doghouse while he’s here. Which is a shame because Frost is a very good middle 6 center IMO.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Oh man. I really like the player but I can’t see a fit in Montreal. Not with Suzuki, Dach, Newhook, Evans and Beck coming up soon.

I think a mid first round pick gets it done, similar to what Dach got. A team that lack a good young 2C and has that pick to spare should jump on this.

Reactions: SnS

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Torts clearly isn't fan and has dicked him around all year. Ending the season benching him (With Brink/Atkinson) in must win game they needed offense and double shifting scrubs instead shows even further his dislike of kid

I don't understand why every time I have watched Flyers Frost sticks out and he made improvements in his game (faceoffs, etc) that coaches usually are happy about.

Frost really needs to get away from Torts at this point and if Flyers are bringing back Torts as HC or moving him to management role (As I have seen some speculation on) it would be detrimental to kid to remain in Philly.

I imagine several teams would be very happy to have Frost (Would love him in Chicago)
Can Frost effectively play either wing ?

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
In a just universe he'd have to be a Leaf right?

Leafs have a desperate need for an affordable top nine center, Holgrem and Kampf aren't embarrassing in that spot.

Cowan for Frost enough? Leafs get a guy more seasoned and Flyers someone with maybe a higher ceiling?

If I get torched for this, I'll admit my impressions of Frost pretty superficial if I'm over or under valuing him.
That is not something Toronto should be interested in imo

Reactions: Leafidelity

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'd have interest as a Leafs fan.

Keefe doesn't love Robertson and I remember Friedman saying a while back the Flyers had interest in him, not sure if that still exists.

I am sure another team can and would offer more.

Similar situation in that I think Robertson might do better away from Keefe and Robertson maybe needs another good summer to get stronger.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Frost doesn't get enough back to justify a move .the flyers have few centers and less playmakers. More likely he goes in a package for an upgrade

Reactions: FlyguyOX

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'd think Winnipeg's 1st might well be on the table as a main piece to try and get a young, talented player back to Montreal

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
He’s simply not a top 6 C. The market is weak for him, combined with a little hot streak he had in season, is why he hasn’t been moved.

Team is completely bereft of any top 6 center prospects

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad