OT: The Football Thread

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
I think going to a talented offense like Carolina and competing with Bridgewater would be perfect.

You sir, are an oracle.

Love it, Sam back again with Robbie and a talented cast and a more laid back market . Just what I wanted. I got a notification that Sam was traded but it didn't specify team. I was afraid to open it. I was thinking, Carolina...Carolina...Carolina.

Pulling super hard from him. He was a class act throughout the whole sh*tstorm

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin27NYI

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Considering the trade market dried up, I'll take it. If they decided to move him earlier, maybe they get a '21 2nd rounder. Maybe Wilson's Pro Day sealed it? Either way, glad its sorted and we have some finality going forward. Decent chance that Carolina got a steal. Dude's only 23 years old and certainly has talent.

Hopefully Wilson makes it moot and we don't look back at all. And the Jets have a LOT of picks in the top 100 next year.

Right, you wish they would've done it earlier but you did need to do your due diligence on Wilson / Fields / Lance to be sure they were a better option than Sam.

Also agree, think it works well for both teams.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
It could be a good move for the Jets, Panthers and Darnold.

The Jets get some quality draft picks, especially the 2022 second rounder.

Carolina gets a player with far more upside than Terrible Teddy Bridgewater, who almost killed D.J. Moore a couple times last season.

Meanwhile Darnold gets to work with Joe Brady, run CMC, Moore, Anderson, etc.

That upcoming No. 8 pick could also add another huge piece, if they opt to go for offense.

Add any of Pitts, Chase, Sewell, Slater, Smith, Waddle, etc. to that offensive core and they could have a very exciting team next year.

I assume that Pitts, Chase and Sewell will be gone, but the rest could/should be available.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
My poor son sent me a pic of his jerseys
27691.jpeg

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
That is really rough, wow. Well, at least he didn't get a chance to get burned on a Jarred Kelenic jersey. Unless maybe he has a Matt Harvey jersey hanging in the closet?
Nah, Yankees fan. He has Jeter and Sabathia. No complaint there. Though, he's probably a Yankees fan because I am, and I became one when the Mets traded Seaver and Kingman when I was a kid.

FractionTwo

Mar 3, 2021
I feel sorry for the jets fans who still believe the crap the ownership does. They need a massive turnaround like the isles did.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Jets have so many holes that I'll be happy if they take OL, WR or CB at 23.

Wouldn't be as happy with an EDGE guy, but that'll all depend on how the draft falls.

AVT, Jenkins, E.Moore, Newsome are the targets.

Reactions: The Real JT

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Wouldn't be as happy with an EDGE guy, but that'll all depend on how the draft falls.

Unless they whiff on the pick, it's never bad to build the OL and then supplement the skill positions with other picks or FAs.

Mangold and Ferguson were a huge part of the Jets' success in the early 2000s.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island

I’m hoping for Wilson and Alijah Vera-Tucker tomorrow. I think they badly need to upgrade the offensive line still. Becton is good, but everyone else still makes me worried.

Reactions: The Real JT

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Giants reach for some bum that should go in the 3rd round, Jets select “the second coming of Christ” and dump him within 2 years. Rinse and repeat.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I can see how Smith will fit with the current cast of Golloday, Slayton, Shepard, Rudolph, etc. but the long-term prospects worry me.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
Any of Slater, Bateman, Darrisaw, Vera-Tucker, Phillips or even Paye are OK at #20.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I did love Slater potentially for the Giants though. There were times I thought he killed Chase Young. But Herbert is one of my keeper QBs in fantasy football. so this should help there, lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad