GDT: The Flames play the Panthers in ~3.5 hours (7:30MT)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Hard to work on your NHL consistency when you're getting anywhere from 6-11 minutes a night. Ruz has 8pts in 27GP this season and 39 in 102 on his career, which I dunno seems about right for that kind of icetime and those kind of linemates. Being saddled with Dillon where plays go to die Dube this year hasn't helped either.

Maybe once Lindholm is offloaded that ATOI number can creep up to closer to 15. I don't think Ruz makes an effective C, doesn't have good footspeed and if you don't have good footspeed you need a Jordan Staal level of positional understanding. This is just kind of an educated guess from what I remember but I think he was much more productive on the W.

I couldn't agree more not to mention he has half the points of Huberdeau without the force feeding of minutes.

Last year he had the same minutes as lucic and Lewis but was far more effective at actually scoring. Sadly Huberdeau will continue to be gifted ice time because no one can stomach scratching a 84 million dollar player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad