The Flames have recalled Mark Cundari

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
If he can provide a steady ten or fifteen minutes while making a physical impact I'll be over the moon.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
So what does our D look like tonight?

Giordano - Brodie
Butler - Sarich
Babchuk - Cundari

Pretty awful..

21.png

TylerSVT*

Watch us win tonight's game. It honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Curious to see how he does tonight. Wouldnt mind him playing with someone like Sarich because he is on the smaller side.

FlamesFreak4

Oct 10, 2012
Calgary
Cundari is not playing tonight.

Pat Steinberg‏@Fan960Steinberg
Hartley confirms Butler is good to play tonight. Cundari likely debuts Sunday in Minnesota. #Flames

i would guess we go with;

Giordano-Brodie
Sarich - Butler
Carson - Babchuk

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Babchuk should be on the top pairing. We'd lose for sure then. Pair Babs with Sarich against Perry and Getzlaf. Guaranteed loss.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Babchuk should be on the top pairing. We'd lose for sure then. Pair Babs with Sarich against Perry and Getzlaf. Guaranteed loss.

No kidding.
Both seem to be in quick sand all game, I honestly wouldn't want either one on my team, neither is really an NHL level top 6 anymore. Babs is debatable if he's even an AHL'er anymore, and Sarich is tops a 7th guy lol.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Wideman supports the tanks, etc.

But really, Wideman's a big loss. He was pretty good this year, even with his defensive gaffes.

Should be interesting to see what Cundari can do.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Can I post this here? Found it interesting..

Pat Steinberg ‏@Fan960Steinberg 10m
Feaster also telling us Leland Irving will come back with the #Flames for the final road trip.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Can I post this here? Found it interesting..

Well, that is certainly peculiar. Irving was all but written off; now's he's re-joining the team in the final stretch of the season?

Are the Flames going to go with 3 goalies, or is Kipper not even joining the team on the road trip? And of course, does Irving even get the chance to start another game?

So many questions. Should be very interesting to see what happens with this.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I don't get the Irving recall - unless Kipper is going to retire after the game or something.

I do like these quotes from Mark Cundari from the Flames' website.

"It's great. Obviously I've never had one before," Cundari said. "It's good to finally be in an organization where they appreciate what I bring to the table and I'm looking forward to showing this team, the fans, the entire city what I do here."
"It's obviously an honor to get traded for a guy like Jay Bouwmeester, obviously one of the best defencemen in the league," Cundari said. "For me, huge shoes to fill. I don't think I'm going to fill them on my own but I'm definitely going to do my best to take advantage."

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I don't get the Irving recall - unless Kipper is going to retire after the game or something.

You're allowed extra call-ups at this time of the year. Generally they sit in the presser, enjoy free food and an NHL salary for a few games. Irving is only up because Taylor I believe got injured.

Since Abby sucked to an incredible extent this year, there's nothing to lose but let some of the kids enjoy the rink.

TylerSVT*

So AHL Flames to finish out the season?

Everyone has "the flu"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad