The first time Brashear and McSorley fought

IComeInPeace

Jun 16, 2009
LA
That is a horrible call of the fight by Hughson.

Brash is barely landing or even missing with some of the punches that Hughson is reacting like McSorely is lucky to still be standing with…

They fought a bunch of times. This was probably as good an outcome as McSorely had vs Brashear. If the refs didn’t step in to break it up Brashear could have been in trouble as Brashear looked gassed and McSorely had great stamina and really came on once he let the other guy tire himself out…

But, Brashear was the much better fighter by this point in their respective careers. The age disparity was too great and McSorely had a lot of miles on him at this point in his career.

I’d call this fight a draw though.
Most of the other ones between the two are Brashear easily winning.

drtheglob

May 14, 2016
That is a horrible call of the fight by Hughson.

Brash is barely landing or even missing with some of the punches that Hughson is reacting like McSorely is lucky to still be standing with…

They fought a bunch of times. This was probably as good an outcome as McSorely had vs Brashear. If the refs didn’t step in to break it up Brashear could have been in trouble as Brashear looked gassed and McSorely had great stamina and really came on once he let the other guy tire himself out…

But, Brashear was the much better fighter by this point in their respective careers. The age disparity was too great and McSorely had a lot of miles on him at this point in his career.

I’d call this fight a draw though.
Most of the other ones between the two are Brashear easily winning.
Thanks for the reply, but I had Brashear winning pretty clearly. McSorley gave the impression of a close fight by trying to match Brashear's offensive output, but Marty was pretty clearly getting the worst of it. I'd say Marty got hit with the harder shots and Brashear landed a good 4-5 more punches. With that being said, the announcer was over the top at times.

Round 3 is the only close fight they had. It's hard to tell how cleanly Brashear was landing in some spots in that fight, but if you give Marty the benefit of the doubt it was closer to a draw but still probably a loss for Marty.

Last edited:
Reactions: IComeInPeace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad