Post-Game Talk: The first step to losing is trying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
The quote is actually "sucking at something is the first step to being sorts good at something."

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Its fun watching Trotz have offensive power and also seeing the Caps with a decent coach.

Blashill's system is still utterly chaotic.

Nice goals from AA, good for Vanek to get points to keep his trade value up, and another strong showing from Mantha. But its still what limited talent we have battling against a total lack of team cohesion. Unless Blash magically turns things around by the season's end, surely he's got to go?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Mrazek was getting 5 goals scored on him if he played like hasek tonight. Washington has scored 5 in their last how many home games now

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Mrazek was getting 5 goals scored on him if he played like hasek tonight. Washington has scored 5 in their last how many home games now

He had a good game, I thought. Not great but not bad either. So many of Washington's chances weren't typical NHL shots - i.e low-percentage on-net touches - but great plays resulting from fine-tuned possession. They were dangerous almost any time they were in the zone. Even their 4th line.

In general, Washington's quiet ascension (out-shouted by the raving of Minnesota and Columbus) reminds me of the Wings teams of yore. I really think this could be Washington's year.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
One team has elite, elite talent and one team has none. I don't care about goaltending, I don't care about coaching, I don't care about contracts, I care about elite ****ing talent. We have no reason to expect a better result until we find some, especially on the back end.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
This season is definitely a lot more exciting than the 2007-2008 season.

Thanks Kenny. Less is more.

Now please retire and enter your display case in the Hockey Hall of Fame and stay there.

This organization has morphed into the 2005-2012 Toronto Maple Leafs.

Spitfire11

Jan 17, 2003
Ontario
good for Vanek to get points to keep his trade value up

You mean increase the AAV on his extension, of course

hi-res-Preview_crop_north.jpg

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Also 2 shifts in the third

Yup, one of them playing D when we pulled Mrazek (which didn't go well!).

Blashill seems to have no feel for a game. When a guys scores 2 in the first period, you don't bench him because he misses an assignment, particularly as he's previously had success against Holtby.

Is the coach stealth tanking or is he an idiot?

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
The hyperbole around here is getting ridiculous.

Indeed...one missed playoffs and half a new roster doesn't make us a joke franchise. But then there are so many on here who are trying to convince themselves the sky is falling and we need a mass fire sale or WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

In other news, we now have a 25% chance of a top 3 pick...

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Missed the game, but hearing Ericsson broke his wrist. Anyone know what happened?

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Thanks, that is surprising. Don't know that I've ever seen Backstrom do anything malicious or even unnecessary in his career.

Wasn't violent or anything, but there was absolutely no need for it, which as you say, is pretty out of character. He went over and apologised on his way to the box...

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Indeed...one missed playoffs and half a new roster doesn't make us a joke franchise. But then there are so many on here who are trying to convince themselves the sky is falling and we need a mass fire sale or WE ARE ALL DOOMED!

In other news, we now have a 25% chance of a top 3 pick...

Nah you're right this team has a good core,great prospect depth. Totes on the right path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad